I got this letter in the mail,...

This is a discussion on I got this letter in the mail,... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thumper Yes indeed, congratulations! Like He said!! Always Carry Never Tell Welcome to the rank and files....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got this letter in the mail,...

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yes indeed, congratulations!
    Like He said!! Always Carry Never Tell

Welcome to the rank and files.
    "We are Texas Rangers sent by the Governor Himself and our jurisdiction is anywhere we happen to be." Agustus McCrae

Got A Problem? The Odds Aganist You? Call The Equalizer 212-555-4200

NRA Member
    S&W M&P .40, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22

2. Remove Ads

Congrats !!

good guys +1
    Bad guys -1 or more victims...

thats always good news.
    Congrats.

Nice.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Alright

VIP Member
    Congratulations on your permit!
    And yes, you must do the Wally World thing.

It still has the old name but the idea is the same. Please print, take to Wally World and go to the stations indicated in the map where an undercover operative of Defensive Carry will authenticate your trip. Then mail to Bumper (Or scan it and email) so he can give you the seal of approval. The Nachos can be substituted by any meal provided by whatever eatery on the premises. If no eatery is present, you must buy a rottiserie chicken and eat it while at the check out.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Welcome to the world of concealed carry (RESPONSIBILITY, TRAINING, CAPABILITY, AWARENESS).... Congratulations.... and safe shooting...

I truely like to see people supporting our rights and adding to the numbers of safely armed citizens...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I hadn't noticed your Richmond location. I spent my first 39 years there, before leaving for Sin City. Ah yes, Richmond. Shimmering pearl of the eastern United States, Cultural Mecca of the world, Gateway to Powhatan! I always wanted to enter the weekly paper's yearly "Your very Richmond, IF" contest. My entry would have been- "your very Richmond if you yearn for the good old days of the '60s...The 1860s!"

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Looks like I'ma be eating a rottisere chicken in the checkout lane, LOL no eatery at my walmart :(

Target starbucks/tacobell will have to substitute.

Thanks for all the replies :)

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the world of concealed carry. Chesterfield Co. mails your permit to you? Must be nice, Henrico mails a letter telling you to come pick it up, of course you need to leave your gun in the car since where you have to pick it up is a "no carry" zone, can't get around those darn metal detectors!
    Just out of curiosity where do you shoot? I'd like to find someplace where I can use the ammo I have and not have to buy range ammo everytime.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Welcome to the world of concealed carry. Chesterfield Co. mails your permit to you? Must be nice, Henrico mails a letter telling you to come pick it up, of course you need to leave your gun in the car since where you have to pick it up is a "no carry" zone, can't get around those darn metal detectors!
    Just out of curiosity where do you shoot? I'd like to find someplace where I can use the ammo I have and not have to buy range ammo everytime.
    I use Straight Shooters in col. heights, they let you bring your own ammo,they guy is really cool there as well.

Sometimes I use D&P but its alot more pricey.

Chesterfield Co. actually made me address the letter they are going to send the permit in, so I knew what it was when I saw a letter with my own handwriting on there

Crappy thing is I do alot @VCU,so no gun (when I need it most)

I need to do holster research and get my hands on a couple of concealment ones for the XD,mainly right now since I got the permit its almost 100% pocket carry the p3at.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Congrats. Now that you have it, I pray you never need it ie
    May you always carry & May you never need it

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I need to do holster research and get my hands on a couple of concealment ones for the XD
    Here you go K&D Holsters
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Way to go. Now you are a full fledged member of the club.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Congrats!
    I received my SmartCarry less than a month ago and have been carrying ever since.
    Although this is my first handgun and therefore my first concealed carry holster, I am very pleased with the fit.
    I carry a Springfield XD45ACP Compact.
    It is a lot to have in competition of the trouser space with my normal package, and I do have to be cautious when making the transition from standing to sitting and vice-versa, but I like it.
    Also, depending on the pants I am wearing, the imprinting ranges from non-detectable to "what the heck are those bulges in your pants"?
    Again, congrats.
    Carry safe.
    Carry often.
    "Luck is the point where opportunity and preparedness meet."

VIP Member
    I know what you mean about VCU. All of my work is site work, company policy is no carry, but since I drive my own vehicle, well, as long as it isn't taken into work site there really isn't anything they can say. I will have to check out Straight Shooter, might be worth the extra drive. I know I can beat the price on ammo at Dance's. As far as holsters, take a look at Galco, I have several, and plan on getting one for my P-01.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links