Stickers on vehicles or not?

This is a discussion on Stickers on vehicles or not? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Only sticker I have on my truck is a US flag on the rear window. I do not have gun stickers for the same reason ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stickers on vehicles or not?

Only sticker I have on my truck is a US flag on the rear window.

I do not have gun stickers for the same reason even tho TN has open carry, I carry concealed. I do not want to give the BG any info on what I intend to do. Let them guess. Gives me the advantage.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sigsauer View Post
    Having no gun-related stickers on my car is not going to help me avoid a confrontation or provide a tactical advantage, tangible or otherwise.
    It might well do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigsauer View Post
    I came to the personal conclusion that it is a psychological preparation issue and the choice to do either goes towards a individual's mental readiness.
    That mental preparation is altered by several things. The person's psychological makeup, the person's physical preparations, the person's ability to read a situation and adjust. This is true for everyone.

Signals can matter. Ask any hunter. They can inform. They can give away information that is best not divulged. They are clues to the reality of a situation. To the perceptive person, signals of all kinds can help paint a picture that the wise person accommodates into the plan. BG's included. Stickers? Mode of dress? Condition (ie, white, yellow, orange)? They're all indicators that can, to an inbound BG, indicate the relative hardness or preparedness of a target (uh, that would be you). If still unconvinced: if you carry concealed, ask yourself why (beyond any legal requirement to do so).

Now, that said, I'll grant that as far as signals go, stickers rank fairly far down the list in terms of critical factors. Still, simple signals are easily controlled. I wouldn't paint a sign over my door stating the door is unlocked any more than I would signify I'm heavily armed. For myself, signals of both kinds are easily avoided.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sticker free truck.

On a similar note, I heard on the news a while back that the police had arrested a couple of burglers that were targeting homes that displayed the American flag.

The burglers reasoning was that homes that had a flag usually had guns in the house. Just something to think about...

By the way, I have an NRA sticker on my truck, and fly an American flag on my house!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I don't really believe deep down that the stickers and vests and t-shirts make us more of a target than we might otherwise be.

Have we EVER read a story of someone being selected for such a reason? Ever read about a store robbery where the guy in the Springfield shirt was singled-out and executed? I haven't. And I've had an NRA sticker on every car I've ever had and they've never been broken into. It's just a sticker and I don't think many people even notice it, much less pay attention to "what it might mean."

I believe that the anti's who are diligently working to take away my guns are far more of an imminent threat than a potential burglar or criminal who may target me because of the stickers on my car.

To me, it FAR more important to be vocal in protecting my gun rights through a bumper sticker than protecting against criminals by not displaying a sticker.

No advertising!

Stickers? We don't need no stinkin stickers!

Why is it that you always find things at the last place you looked?
    Because when you find something-you stop looking-Mooch

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I don't really believe deep down that the stickers and vests and t-shirts make us more of a target than we might otherwise be.

Have we EVER read a story of someone being selected for such a reason? Ever read about a store robbery where the guy in the Springfield shirt was singled-out and executed? I haven't. And I've had an NRA sticker on every car I've ever had and they've never been broken into. It's just a sticker and I don't think many people even notice it, much less pay attention to "what it might mean."
    AMEN!
    +1 on that.

I have a WreckMaster sticker and a small HK sticker on the back window of my truck. I'm not worried about the HK sticker at all.

Have we EVER read a story of someone being selected for such a reason?
    Information can alter selection, but just as importantly it can alter the odds of success of an attack. Recall the "loose lips sink ships" incantation from decades past. It had merit then. The lesson has merit still.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The first time I saw an "Insured by Smith & Wesson" sticker on a truck, my first thought was it was an invitation to break in an steal a nice gun.

I don't know about an NRA sticker though.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG E View Post
    I have my FOP and NRA in my window. Thats it.
    +1! The same two I have.

VIP Member
    I have Marine Corps stickers on all of my vehicles. Other than that, stickers come and go. When it is within 6 months or so of an election I will often put a candidate's sticker on my vehicle, and remove it the day after the election.

I have thought long and hard about whether stickers make you more of a target. I honestly believe they do not. I am confident that a Sig sticker on my window would garner no more attention than 5.11 pants do at the range. It is just a sticker... nothing more. To me, there is no higher probability of a gun being in a car with an NRA sticker. Although, there is a higher probability that the car owner being armed. If I was a BG that would probably be something I thought about as well.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Administrator
    Ya know what the ones that really bother me are? The geeks that have the huge radio station stickers in their back windows. The ones that pretty much take up the entire back window with the stations logo. One particular station around here I see all the time. I know that these people are not getting paid to advertise; most of the cars I see them one would be an embarrasment to any company.
    Remember when Nike was super popular back in the early 90's? People would put the "swoosh" on anything. Cars, bikes even tattoos. Thats crazy. How about "Oakley" or "No Fear".... stupid.
    "Just blame Sixto"

All I have is my Marine Corps window sticker.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links