Stickers on vehicles or not? - Page 7

Stickers on vehicles or not?

This is a discussion on Stickers on vehicles or not? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rathos A friend of mine got cut off on the freeway by a lady. He let his temper get the best of ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Stickers on vehicles or not?

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    A friend of mine got cut off on the freeway by a lady. He let his temper get the best of him and he flipped her off. She saw the NRA sticker in his window and called the cops and said he pointed a gun at her. When we got pulled over we were both carrying, and got cuffed and stuffed into the back of a car. After that I decided I would never put stickers on my car.
    I can understand the "cuffed and stuffed" if you were carrying illegally; otherwise, I believe it would be considered a "he said, she said" situation. I'm sure the officer had a much more definitive reason for taking such action.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by broknindarkagain View Post
    Dumb idea if you ask me. It just gives the BG a warning of who to watch more carefully if they are committing a crime near by.

I've seen something like the pic below on a car before. VERY stupid IMO

I find that insanely provocative sticker to be both embarrassing and infuriating.

If I were one of the numerous citizens who were normally neutral on the gun control issue, I would probably find such an irresponsible 'warning' intimidating enough to develop a negative view of gun owners in general.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

I have a few including,"High School Baseball Booster; YHS Football Parent; NOTW (not of this world); Support our Troops".
    Nothing about NRA or guns

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    A friend of mine got cut off on the freeway by a lady. He let his temper get the best of him and he flipped her off. She saw the NRA sticker in his window and called the cops and said he pointed a gun at her. When we got pulled over we were both carrying, and got cuffed and stuffed into the back of a car. After that I decided I would never put stickers on my car.
    In contemporary Germany, anyone making a provocative gesture while driving is subject to arrest... Thankfully, I don't reside there.

In my State, anyone who provokes another person into an angry altercation while legally carrying will lose their permit if such an irresponsible act can be proven.

Even a rookie LEO should be able to determine what actually transpired based on the credibility of those involved.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

G&G
    I carry concealed which means that the public is unaware of my sidearm. To post a sticker on my vehicle is counterproductive.

Take it one step further. Do you wear T shirts, ball caps, or any type of attire that promotes concealed carry? I would wear something like that to the range or IDPA but not for walking around in the mall. Maybe a coffee cup for the home.....
    Be ready. You can't make an appointment for an emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by nuparadigm View Post
    The stickers say: "please break into my car and see if there's a weapon you can steal".
    I totally agree with you.

However, back in a former lifetime, I use to display a Deputy Sheriff star on my back window.

I also vote no stickers. I don't like strangers knowing my opinions on anything from driving down the street. And yeah, I think marking your car with pro-gun stickers makes it a target for when you're not around, same as the home.

Having "This car protected by Glock" on the bumper does nothing to protect the car when the driver isn't with it.

I was thinking of misleading everyone into believing my car is owned by an anti-gun by putting a barrak obama bumper sticker on it....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links