My boss is pretty cool with CCW

This is a discussion on My boss is pretty cool with CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by packin_glock What sucks for me is that iam a local truck driver & it doesnt matter what company policy is. Its a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My boss is pretty cool with CCW

Quote Originally Posted by packin_glock View Post
    What sucks for me is that iam a local truck driver & it doesnt matter what company policy is. Its a state/federal law that one cannot have a gun in a commercial vehicle.
    I've seen discussions on this in various forums. Verify yourself, but I'm nearly certain that this is a widely-believed myth, but there is no such law. Ohio recently added a requirement to notify if carrying and stopped by the Motor Carrier Enforcement people as if they were law enforcement--If it were illegal to carry in a motor carrier, requiring notification would be self-incrimination.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Envy. I find it ironic, that the government that allows us the rights and privelages to carry firearms as we do, forbids and prohibits carry and/or possession of said firearms on its properties.

I work for the government, if you haven't noticed and think about that quite a bit. Why can't I carry at work. It's a very sensitive compound, protected by 60+ year old men and women with a 5 shot .38 and one speedloader. No mace, no batons, no tasers, not even vests.

Go figure???
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Maybe, just maybe these gentleman just liked jeeps?
    Possible, but I don't think my 1994 Jeep Cherokee is the type to really stand out even to folks who love Jeeps. And besides, these two didn't look like the types who are car buffs. Crack fans maybe...meth-heads...possibly even heroine addicts, but not car buffs.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Just met with the manager of our program from our capital in Ottawa, he used to run the Firearms Centre, he said that anyone of us who goes into the bush unarmed is nuts and wished he could get us permits to carry Glock 10mm's

My friend is working on a draft policy for firearm use in another department, I am going to modify it and send it to my boss, so he can present it so we can have offical permission to carry shotguns and plant the seed that we should be armed. A long way from CCW, but every path starts with the first step.

I doubt my boss is, but the president of HR, she's into HD's and shooting trap/skeet

However, we cannot carry at work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links