A safe assumption?

A safe assumption?

This is a discussion on A safe assumption? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These days the majority of thieves could be armed.? After all - most crime is geared toward theft, of some sort. I think so. The ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Assistant Administrator

A safe assumption?

These days the majority of thieves could be armed.? After all - most crime is geared toward theft, of some sort.

I think so.

The days when thieving was almost a skill, carried out by criminals with some semblance of code and dignity seem long gone - the days when a thief would break in and take just what he was after without trashing the place or attacking anyone. No less of a crime of course but in the ''old days'' - these guys existed.

From observation of crime reports and a general ''feel'' - it does seem we need to all but assume a bad guy is armed. All the more reason to not only be vigilant - but carry all times legally able.

Probably LE folks can confirm or deny this assumption I am making.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    Most I've dealt with are not armed with guns or knives, but they are with screw drivers, pry bars or other tools of their trade. Of course, they can be just as dangerous.
    I would still assume that they are armed, just to be on the safe side.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Assistant Administrator
    Ah yes - I guess I shoulda been more precise, as in ''armed'' with some sorta weapon, and many things fit that category.

Point is, to me - the average bad guy these days seems to have violence high on his list, as, if he is in the least thwarted or frustrated in his efforts he will use some form of weapon all too freely.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post

Point is, to me - the average bad guy these days seems to have violence high on his list, as, if he is in the least thwarted or frustrated in his efforts he will use some form of weapon all too freely.
    Oh yes, very true. In the thug world, you are "disrespecting" them if you try and stop them from stealing your stuff. Instead of simply walking (running) away, they will try and inflict as much damage as possible. Its the new culture...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    The bad guys are Very bad these days and kid yourself not.

Story on the news this evening.
    Nice country family in PA woke up and went outside only to find their two pet goats sacrificed/slaughtered...one with its throat slashed on the hood of their vehicle.
    The kids pet rabbit was hacked to death and their two pet horses were stabbed and hacked in the neck with either swords or machetes.
    The horses are both still alive but, were left for dead.
    And those bad guys didn't even try to steal anything.
    The sub-human scum that did that for "fun" - What do you think they would be willing to do to you if you caught them in your home and you were blocking their only avenue of escape?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I am no sociologist but it seems we are living now in a culture that glorifies "thugism" and hyperviolence as long as you are a member of a special class would it be minority, abused childhood, "mental" problems, etc.
    Law abading folks are the weird ones and objects of derision. And God forbids we defend ourselves becuase we become the evil ones.
    But my wife does point out rightly I never cared one bit about what other people thinks about me. You come against me with evil intentions, you better bushwack me or you will have the fight of your life and for your life.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

The 'dirtbags' are everywhere...and violence appears to be an all encompassing part of even 'simple' crime...life in the real world is becoming increaslingly more dangerous for 'everyday folks'.

Stay armed...2 CM 1 H...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

B52
    SIXTO, how do you decompress when off the job? Dealing with low lifes all the time has to wear a person down. I salute you for making America a better place.

We've had a rash of break-in's/burglary in our town here recently.......these people just get in, grab whatever they can sell/pawn.....and then trash the place.

Only one encounter with the homeowners and that was rather violent for a couple of seconds......the BG's, teenagers......they were caught shortly afterwards.
    This is just my little town......drugs, gangs, it all here.
    I take NO chances, although ours is a great place to live and raise kids.....what other elements that exist here will not be ignored.

I would never NOT believe/assume that ANY BG intent on doing any type damage/harm isn't armed.
    Last edited by goldshellback; November 23rd, 2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: poor spelling due to turkey 'hangover'
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Law abading folks are the weird ones and objects of derision. And God forbids we defend ourselves becuase we become the evil ones.
    Not trying to make this a religious thing but itis said that in the end times, good will be come bad and bad will become good. The PC folk are making it that way as fast as they can.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    SIXTO, how do you decompress when off the job? Dealing with low lifes all the time has to wear a person down. I salute you for making America a better place.
    I hang out here most nights.

Some times its just playing with the dog and kids working on my guns or riding my motorcycle.... just like anybody else.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ah, brave new world of crime.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

VIP Member
    P95Carry last time I talked to you you live in the country. Here in the city you would not believe how brave the thugs are. What amazes me that they are only 12,13 and 14 year olds. They look for the weak and have no problem killing. I brought it up before but once again let me bring up my sister bar. The thugs will hang out accross the street and wait for their prey to leave and go to their cars. We call the police many time but in this neighbor they are very busy. The LEO's have told us that in this little neighborhood there is 13 gangs. In the last 2 years we have lost 2 patrons. One found in the park a block away and the last one found in the church parking lot accross the street. This is a poor neighborhood and these people didn't have any money or at most $20 on them. These kids fear no one!!!!!!! That is why on the weekends I work the door to make sure our patrons get to their car safe or I'll drive them home. Thank God the LEO's are lenient with me. They will once in awhile stop to shoot the bull with me and with my fat belly I can't help but print sometimes. The LEO's are doing a great job but their hands are busy and can not be everywhere at once. I know they are doing a great job because its been months since I seen a crackdealer selling his stuff on the corner. Well like I said I work the weekends and its time I go to work.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    10 years ago, the neighborhood i grew up in was rated #2 in the country. I often go back there and visit, the crime is outragous now. My opinion is in rural/suburb areas the absence of "anything to do" leads to drug use and eventually evolves to addictive drug use which evolves to violent crime. Awful. just awful.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I used to work with a guy and his favorite saying was to "always expect the worst and you will never be disappointed". Seems appropriate here.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links