Mall Ninja Mod no.42 - Cargo Pants Drop Down

This is a discussion on Mall Ninja Mod no.42 - Cargo Pants Drop Down within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It may pull your pants down if you run, or tear the pocket fabric where you made the slits. I think a drop leg strap ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mall Ninja Mod no.42 - Cargo Pants Drop Down

Lead Moderator
    It may pull your pants down if you run, or tear the pocket fabric where you made the slits. I think a drop leg strap may be needed to keep the gun weight up where it is suppose to be.
    Heck, for the price of the holster I sent you in a link , why not just buy it and try it? I think you will find the BH strap rather bulky under you pant leg.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by robere View Post
    Your first comment about looking like the "hunch hip of Notre Dame", I don't quite understand. You must have some pretty bad IWB holsters if this is your experience. I love IWB and hate pocket carry. To each their own by all means. Can you explain why IWB makes you feel so uncomfortable. Just curious.
    Hope your venture works out. I always like seeing the inovations people come up with to make their carry more suitable.
    I've tried several IWB and they work fine with a concealment shirt. If I try to tuck or anything, it's painfully obvious something is sticking out around the waistband. I'm fairly slender and 6' tall. Looks like a python swallowed a bowling ball!

Also IWB feels best for me behind the hip. VERY uncomfortable in a car bucket seat. Been mostly front pocket carrying my P3AT due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    It may pull your pants down if you run, or tear the pocket fabric where you made the slits. I think a drop leg strap may be needed to keep the gun weight up where it is suppose to be.
    Heck, for the price of the holster I sent you in a link , why not just buy it and try it? I think you will find the BH strap rather bulky under you pant leg.
    The cargo pants I have are pretty loose. The BH strap won't be noticed, it will just be a matter of comfort. I'll definitely reinforce the slits in the pants, but most of the stress will be on the bottom seam of the pocket. The drop strap will require a third slit in the pants to work!

Prices on you link aren't bad, but I doubt it's the quality of the BH stuff. For the $10 it cost me (I'd have bought the DeSantis anyway) I'll give mine a whirl. Still better than simple pocket carry in cargo pants. Plus I don't think I like the idea of HDPE lined holsters! I'd like the holster to at least have SOME retention!

Looks nice. I'll be interested to hear how it works out once you finish it. I carry in my cargo pants sometimes and I just put up with the gun swinging around. One problem with that is that I think it might slow me down if I have to run anywhere. Let us know how easily you can move around with your new holster once you try it out. I.e., can you run, how far can you bend your knee without having the leg strap and the pocket try to pull the gun in different directions, etc.

VIP Member
    We can only wait on a full report of how it works. Good luck on your ventures

I applaud you for your ingenuity but, it looks like it would be too uncomfortable to wear for any length of time to me.

Besides, I see no problem with the IWB or my preference, the OWB holster. With a properly designed and fitted holster, either IWB or OWB, you don't look like a "hunch hip" at all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yeah, I just can't see that rig working very well and what will you do when you change trousers (did I miss something there?). I kind of short and have too much belly, so concealed carry is always a challenge, especially since I live at the beach in Central Florida. I usually wear a OWB hip holster and a loose shirt to cover the pistol. That pretty well limits the size of the pistol I can carry to my P3AT and Kahr PM9, but in the winter I get out the big guns!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links