Shooters, who don't or won't carry

This is a discussion on Shooters, who don't or won't carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; True, federal law doesnt say anything about firearm transport. But state laws do. When I was planing to moved from Upstate N.Y. to F.L.. I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Shooters, who don't or won't carry

True, federal law doesnt say anything about firearm transport. But state laws do.
    When I was planing to moved from Upstate N.Y. to F.L.. I was concerned about how I would transport my firearms. I was told about this link. I duno if it will help with Al Lowes sttuation? The N.R.A link does say that you have to keep the firearm unloaded.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=59

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    True, federal law doesnt say anything about firearm transport. But state laws do.
    When I was planing to moved from Upstate N.Y. to F.L. I was concerned about how I would transport my firearms. I was told about this link. I duno if it will help with Al Lowes sttuation? The N.R.A link does say that you have to keep the firearm unloaded.http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=59
    Ain't my situation. I was just replying to someone else's message. I already got my CPL.

Opps sorry, I shoud of said Moondogie

OK, to clarify...I'm in Nebraska. LB 454, Concealed Handgun Carry only got 2 of the required 8 hours of debate in our last legislative session. The Speaker of the Unicameral (Nebraska only has one house in our legislature) gave a written committment to the bill's sponsor that it would get full consideration in the next session this November. The votes are there for passage, and also to cloture an anticipated fillibuster by our resident PITA senator from Omaha. The Gov has said he would sign it...so things are looking up!

When I had my Az permit (plus NH Non-Res permit), I did CCW in the truck; taking my chances that I'd be in one of the 26 or so states that I was legal if it ever came up. THERE IS NO FMCSA PROHIBITION ON CARRYING A FIREARM IN A CMV, as others have stated previously. Most companies do prohibit carrying ANY sort of weapon and some will fire a driver on the spot if they find one. They rarely look very hard. If you leave a weapon in plain sight when you turn the tractor in for service you might have a problem.

BTW, SCOTUS has ruled that 4th Amendment protections does not apply to searches of CMV's...."A heavily regulated industry such as interstate trucking has to expect a certain loss of privacy as a part of doing business." The good news is that in my 800,000 miles I've never been searched although I have had several roadside inspections (License, logbook, medical card, fr8 bills) plus several level 1 inspections. I've also never had a citation for a moving violation, never even been stopped and "talked to" about my driving.
    If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links