Local TV news does story on CCW - Page 2

Local TV news does story on CCW

This is a discussion on Local TV news does story on CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I liked the report. Looks like it would scare the crap out of potential bad guys due to the sensationalism....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local TV news does story on CCW

I liked the report. Looks like it would scare the crap out of potential bad guys due to the sensationalism.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I have not yet watched the report, but based on the reactions written here...

[edit: I've now watched the report -- see below]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I just watched the video story twice.

I have to say, I don't detect even a shred of an anti-gun bias in the story.
    They gave plenty of air-time to a bunch of people who were all staunchly in support of CCW, did not make them look like idiots, did not challenge the validity of what they said, and gave plenty of actual info that might be used by people who will see the story and say, "I want to be able to defend myself and my family, too!" and go out and get a license.

They did not embed idiotic comments by Brady people, and when they did mention the Brady people, the statement was pretty matter-of-fact, and I did not get the sense that they were taking that side at all. (If they were inclined to, they could and would have crafted the rest of the story to make CCWers look bad.)

And the part about "even from your car" did not seem "exasperated" about that -- it seemed more like they were mentioning that as a selling point about the CCW license enabling you to do so. Like, "It slices, dices, even purees! You know?

I think it was a pretty well-done report, and starting it with a sympathetic elderly mom who was carjacked and saved by her son is likely to get viewers into the CCW corner pretty easily, especially when they learn that the attacker was armed with a shotgun. (It's just too bad her son didn't end up putting the carjacker down.)

Watched the piece, I thought it was informative from a non CCW perspective. It wasn't bad at all.

SY

"If you have a carry permit, you can even shoot someone if they try to get in your CAR! " I might have worded this a little differently but overall I thought it was pretty good. Some things said I suppose could be taken both was, pro and con, but they seemed to leave that up to us to decide which I don't have a problem with.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links