Home Invasions EVERYWHERE ! - Page 4

Home Invasions EVERYWHERE !

This is a discussion on Home Invasions EVERYWHERE ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Carpenter Couldn't agree more! My wife and I were home invasion victims nearly four years ago. You cannot be too aware or ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Home Invasions EVERYWHERE !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    Couldn't agree more! My wife and I were home invasion victims nearly four years ago. You cannot be too aware or vigilant. In our incident, all ended well. Sorrowfully I can't say that for everyone that encountered this type tragedy.
    Google Search:Phelps County couple fend off home invader
    I remember this incident. You were a great shot under pressure. Glad you and your wife weren't hurt worse than you were.

Had you not prepared and acted decisively, you would not have survived.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Home invasions are rare in SE Colorado , and the last one i know of was drug related about 60 miles away from where i live . One invader was headshot , one was hit 3 times , and the other fled. So far the doper who shot them has been covered for the shooting by our statutes , but is faceing possession charges for the meth that was found in plain sight when the responding officers arrived .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I live down a rural (gravel 20' wide at most and a few thousand feet long) road and have been using a handy tool for a while now and didn't really think to share it with this forum until now. (sounds like a sales pitch huh?) I don't really know why I never thought to post it at this forum until this thread but some of y'all sound like you're in a similar situation to me with long one-way drives. My dad bought a "reporter" about 3 years ago and since then I've bought one myself as we both live down the same long gravel road. I've got dogs that are short range warnings but this little gizmo is nice as well. It's pretty discrete so BG's wouldn't notice it if it was concealed decently (mine is) and it gives me a warning farther than my dogs detect and farther than my line of sight form my front porch. You have a remote sensor and a base that goes in the house that buzzes when the sensor is tripped. You can have up to 4 sensors each with distinct chimes so you can in effect have different zones to give you notice as to what's been breached. I got mine off of Amazon so here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Reporter-Wirel...885697&sr=8-16

Also the little unit has good range IMO and battery life has not been an issue either. My parents have not changed their batteries yet and are using this at ~300' of range with vegetation in between. Of course YMMV but I figured I'd throw out about all I know!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I remember this incident. You were a great shot under pressure. Glad you and your wife weren't hurt worse than you were.

Had you not prepared and acted decisively, you would not have survived.
    grady, Thank you very much. It might have been great shooting but, I'd never had the chance if it were not for my extremely brave wife. I will never doubt her love for me!

Our quiet town in Illinois has had a kidnapping, rape, and 2 murders all within the last month and a half. We only have 35,000 in our town and this type of crime is not common at all.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Actually I must disagree with the previous poster; barking dogs can be easily dealt with; I do however, think the noise created by a pump action 12-gauge shotgun chambering a round of 3" buckshot is far superior in fear factor. Just ask the illegal immigrants who disregarded Mr. Horn.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
    I live down a rural (gravel 20' wide at most and a few thousand feet long) road and have been using a handy tool for a while now..<snip>
    http://www.amazon.com/Reporter-Wirel...885697&sr=8-16
    tabraha - thanks for posting this link. I live 300 feet off a gravel road and especially in the middle of the night just having a little advanced warning even before the dog detects something would be really excellent. This might be the ticket.
    A home invasion occurred within the last week in Brooklyn Center, MN (http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_7660029). I would like to think we're immune to such things being in a rural setting, but am also a realist. Need a bigger dog as well.
    Allen

G27, Beretta 8040, Ruger GP100

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    grady, Thank you very much. It might have been great shooting but, I'd never had the chance if it were not for my extremely brave wife. I will never doubt her love for me!
    May we all do so well when our moment of decision comes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links