Home Invasions EVERYWHERE !
I know the Sean thing is being decussed all over America right now, but it's not just the rich and famous that they break into. We have had a rash of them in the Memphis, Germantown, and Collierville area. According to the most recent FBI data, on home robberies, which includes home invasions, rose nearly 13% in 2006 from 2002, even as violent crime overall decreased 0.4%. Last year, 64,000 residential robberies were reported.
There are several reasons that this crime is becoming the crime of choice rather than Carjackig.
These are a few of the reasons.
1. Home invaders know that they won't have to overcome alarm systems when the home is occupied or be worried about video cameras and silent alarms.
2.Unlike robbing a retail store, home invaders expect privacy once inside your home and won’t have to deal with the police suddenly driving up or customers walking in.
3. Once the offenders take control of a residence they can force the occupants to open safes, locate hidden valuables, supply keys to the family car, and PIN numbers to their ATM cards.
4. Convenience stores and fast-food restaurants have hardened themselves against criminal attack and have reduced available cash
Now to protect yourself from the BGs.....
1. Pick where you live if possible
2. Look at the layout of your house.
3. Have a escape plan.
4. Have your weapon handy EVEN at home.
I live 1,100 ft off the road on a dead end county road.
I put my recliner to where I can see by looking to the left, my back door (actually washroom door which has back door in it)......
To the right, my front door.....
AND next to the right hand arm rest, a little table with a Sig P239 40 on it. It goes to my nightstand when I go to bed.
Do not quit thinking about the BG just because you'er safely home.
Personal home safety means taking charge of your security at home. Involve your whole family in creating a personal home safety plan that fits your family needs.
The police are committed to making your city a safer place to live. But they can't be everywhere at once. You have to protect yourself.