Welcoming My Wife Into The Fold

This is a discussion on Welcoming My Wife Into The Fold within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; She did it! Some will remember the back-and-forth routine I went through with my wife after a close encounter with some would be drug thieves ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcoming My Wife Into The Fold

She did it! Some will remember the back-and-forth routine I went through with my wife after a close encounter with some would be drug thieves on the horse farm (her vet box is of great interest to certain members of the recreational drug using community in the horse industry). Fortunately, she has more brains than most, and didn't need a gun to sort that out. HOWEVER...

Yesterday, she COMPLETELY suprised me by coming home with a box labelled "Kahr Arms"! At first, I thought I was spoiling a stocking stuffer surprise (hey...a guy can dream, can't he?), but it quickly became apparent by the look on her face that she had something different up her sleeve.

For the last month, she's been taking lessons with a friend of mine (apparently, I'm an impatient when it comes to instruction of my spouse), and after three weeks of lessons, he helped her select a new weapon. She is taking the prerequisite classes for her permit to carry concealed, and I must say that I'm feeling a little left out! New gun, new classes...shiny new instructor....hmm...what do I have to offer?!! Fortunately, I'm as dashing, witty and debonaire as ever, so I needn't have worried (oh, yeah...The Kid has still got it). She swears she still loves me, but has a crush on her new .40 caliber baby.

She probably won't have time to post much (she still calls all of us 'computer geeks' for participating in this forum...far too busy for trite discourse about firearms), but I'm going to FORCE her to register as a forum member. Please welcome Kara when she shows up!

Here's a sneak of the new gun. I swear to all that is good...I must get one of these. While I'll never give up my Sig, this TINY gun is a beaut. WOW.

I'll deny I said this if she asks any of you, but it is almost as sexy as she is.
    Attached Images
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Congrats.

My wife is waiting for the state to finish her paperwork so that she can pick up her permit. She already has the SP101 and the SmartCarry is on the way. She will probably never register on the forum, she thinks the time I spend on it is a waste of time. I ask her what is the difference, reading a newspaper, or reading the news on the computer?

The difference, Mike, is that she's doing it her way. You're wrong, I'm wrong...obviously. Silly men!
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

My only question Scot Van is what are you getting? She can't be the only one with a new baby.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Congrats! I remember the post you're referring to! I even posted a response in that thread.

I am very glad she is now one of the good guys.

My best friends wife is a vet who has to take weekend calls at the clinic where she gets called in at all hours of the day or night for "emergencies" where she is the only one in the clinic. No other vets or office staff present.

He has been working on her to get her ccw as well but hasn't had any luck as of yet!

I'm glad your wife saw an apparent need. I know she is smart and relies on her wits and savey most of the time, but preparing for the worst is also showing her smarts as well!

Good job and congrats to your wife!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van
    Fortunately, I'm as dashing, witty and debonaire as ever, so I needn't have worried
    You forgot humble.

Congrats on the missus!
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

concrats on purchuse and an early welcome to the club
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    Yep, I remember the thread also. In fact I believe I suggested that if she didn't want a CCW to just carry a pair of Burdizzo's for the BG's

I'm glad she chose the CCW, congratulations to both of you. My wife carries a 642, it makes me feel a lot better.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    For the last month, she's been taking lessons with a friend of mine (apparently, I'm an impatient when it comes to instruction of my spouse)....
    Ummm, Scot. Isn't this sentence redundant? It includes "impatient AND "instruction of my spouse."

It must be one of the things they learn in "wife school," along with how to give "The Look," and questions like "Honey, which earrings should I wear with this dress?"

Oh, well. It's a good thing they're worth it. Usually.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Congrats!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Hey Scot, I was a participant in the original thread. It doesn't surprise me that she went about the task in her OWN way. I'm just glad she got it done! Another Armed Belle of the Bluegrass...it makes me want to break-out into singing My Old Kentucky Home. The steel-framed Kahr is a great pick as well. Tell her we're all quite PROUD of her decision. And our prayers continue that she never has to use it.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Oh, well. It's a good thing they're worth it. Usually.
    Well...she IS an Ohio State grad, so that goes a long way!

Senior Moderator
    Congrats
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Yesterday, she COMPLETELY suprised me by coming home with a box labelled "Kahr Arms"!

For the last month, she's been taking lessons with a friend of mine. She is taking the prerequisite classes for her permit to carry concealed ...
    Bright lady. Kudos for seeing the need and taking appropriate steps.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It's always nice too hear about a new CCW.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links