Comments on shooting article

This is a discussion on Comments on shooting article within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/no...y-victim-star/ I heard about this at work today. Apparently the aggressor jumped on the victim (Kitts) and was strangling him. Kitts warned him to get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comments on shooting article

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/no...y-victim-star/

I heard about this at work today. Apparently the aggressor jumped on the victim (Kitts) and was strangling him. Kitts warned him to get off b/c he had a gun and Knight said something to the effect that "I'm going to keep choking you til you die." So...he got shot.

I went to this club when I was looking at joining a gym and the manager was a complete *****&*!#. I wouldn't have joined if they had given me a SA Trophy (well, maybe). Now I see they are kicking the victim out for DEFENDING HIS LIFE. My wife wanted me to write a letter to someone when the manager was such a jerk, but I didn't. Now I may have to. I hope they lose a bunch of customers, and another gym offers the victim a free membership.

"The only exception we make is for police officers," Gurney said. "Police officers must show their badges at the front desk and tell us if they have guns."

retarded...even more so than this:

The company plans to post signs at each gym reminding members of that rule, he said.

"It will now be in big, very bold letters at all our locations," Gurney said.
    The best "first aid for a gunshot wound is immediate and accurate fire at the person(s) who caused you the wound .
    -John Farnum

Obviously, most (if not all) of us are going to think that a corporate policy to disarm one's patrons is ridiculous. Of course, it is private property - they can be as ridiculous as they want to be ... and can lose the patronage of those of us who, you know, value our lives enough to want to protect them.
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

And members can speak with their BOLD wallets.... buisness taken elsewhere.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Sounds like Kitts was prepared by having a weapon on him. A weapon off-body might not have been any help to him. For self defense, I'm not a fan of the caliber he used, but in this case it apparently worked well enough to remove the threat. I do consider someone choking me to be a very real threat.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    ...I do consider someone choking me to be a very real threat.
    That's about as real as it gets.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Agree. The guy should carry a larger caliber.
    The thing is, even if the people that carry stay away from the place, I'm sure he'll still have plenty of business to stay afloat. Letters from other ccw carriers and membership cancelations may send a good message though.

Hopefully, members talk with their wallets and leave.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

This is a interesting article , thanks for the post.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Perhaps Kitts should consider suing the gym for failing to provide a safe environment and for canceling his membership when he execised his inalienable right of self defense.

i have a membership to one and i guess time to get rid of it. never saw any signs anywhere but i guess time to take money elsewhere!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Sure seems like the only way the sheeple ever get the message is if they get threatened with deadly force -- and sometimes not even then! (they got lucky, gave the crook what he wanted and he went away). Just amazing...
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by tnstr8shooter View Post
    http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/no...y-victim-star/

I heard about this at work today. Apparently the aggressor jumped on the victim (Kitts) and was strangling him. Kitts warned him to get off b/c he had a gun and Knight said something to the effect that "I'm going to keep choking you til you die." So...he got shot.

I went to this club when I was looking at joining a gym and the manager was a complete *****&*!#. I wouldn't have joined if they had given me a SA Trophy (well, maybe). Now I see they are kicking the victim out for DEFENDING HIS LIFE. My wife wanted me to write a letter to someone when the manager was such a jerk, but I didn't. Now I may have to. I hope they lose a bunch of customers, and another gym offers the victim a free membership.
    Well if he had been strangled I bet the management would have taken harsh action... like kicking the killer out of the club and putting up sign banning "Hands".

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    i have a membership to one and i guess time to get rid of it. never saw any signs anywhere but i guess time to take money elsewhere!
    Make sure you let them know why.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

I don't need no stinkin' gym. I get my workouts hauling my toys & ammo to the range - it's much more therapeutic.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links