Isn't It Supposed to Feel Awkward?

This is a discussion on Isn't It Supposed to Feel Awkward? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my permit today and made my first trip.... to Wal-Mart! I have failed you guys though. My Wal-Mart doesn't have nachos and the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't It Supposed to Feel Awkward?

I got my permit today and made my first trip.... to Wal-Mart!

I have failed you guys though. My Wal-Mart doesn't have nachos and the McDonalds was closed but.... I drive a few miles down the road and picked some up. I also picked up some ammunition to make up for the lack of nachos.

I was surprised by how comfortable I was carrying. After putting on 2 cover garments, I truly felt like it wasn't there.

Congrats. Stay Safe.

I think the awkward feeling some people feel is the thought of everyone looking at them, knowing that person has a firearm. Just need to remember, that if you're firearm is in a decent holster, and covered properly, no one is the wiser. You might be able to see a print in the mirror before going out, but you're looking for it, right at it. The sheeple won't find it. And congrats on the permit, stay safe out there.

Dave

Congrats....Stay Safe!
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Senior Moderator
    Congrats! You have fulfilled your CCW initiation requirements. LOL!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Congratulations, have fun, and don’t worry about it. With a quality holster, no one will ever notice. And over time, it will be second nature.

I’ve only been “made” a couple of times, in over 30 years.

One time was in a crowded elevator leaving a luncheon when the senior state trooper who was guarding Florida’s Chief Supreme Court Judge, patted me on the 4 O’clock OWB holster, and saying “ how ya doing youngster”. I just figured that guy was really good at his job and knew how to look for a print.

And the other time, I had walked into an Eckerd that was I guess located in a poor section of Pensacola, and when I walked in the door, a bell wet off and the clerk said “smile” the metal detector has a picture taken of anyone coming into the store, with a weapon.

Congrats!

getting made sucks. Expecially with wardrobe malfunctions. But it happens so be prepared. Take a minute and adjust going in and out of vehicles.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

ree
    Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    And the other time, I had walked into an Eckerd that was I guess located in a poor section of Pensacola, and when I walked in the door, a bell wet off and the clerk said “smile” the metal detector has a picture taken of anyone coming into the store, with a weapon.
    or a significant amount of metal on say a belt buckle, or embedded in their body, etc.

I've always wondered if this ever happened! Each time I go into a store with those scanners (the regular ones like at Walmart), I'm always waiting for them to go off on me

(paranoid at times )

VIP Member
    Congratulations, have fun, and don’t worry about it. With a quality holster, no one will ever notice. And over time, it will be second nature.

I’ve only been “made” a couple of times, in over 30 years.

One time was in a crowded elevator leaving a luncheon when the senior state trooper who was guarding Florida’s Chief Supreme Court Judge, patted me on the 4 O’clock OWB holster, and saying “ how ya doing youngster”. I just figured that guy was really good at his job and knew how to look for a print.

Wow. A bell letting everyone that knows what the bell means knows you're carrying? In a bad part of town, I see their reason for doing it, but I think I'd have to shop somewhere else.
    Congrats on the permit. You sound pretty comfy with it already.......

I know, I felt like everyone could see the minut buldge from my handgun the first ten or so times that I took it with me. I agree with Defensor, I just was looking at that little buldge in the mirror that I now know that noone will notice or pay attention to. What helped me get over that was I asked myself how often do I look at other's person for a buldge or think that a buldge is suspicious, and my answer to myself was "never"

be safe, take care and be happy
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Didn't feel awkward? Ok, this time go back and wear nothing but a speedo and a tank top. Think you'll feel awkward now?
    I just don't want you to miss out on the experience. Welcome to the club!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Welcome !!!!! be safe out their.

It only gets more cofortable as time goes on.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I just got mine in July.. I was real worried for the first few weeks about someone noticing. I've worn it every time i've left the house since, and nobody's ever said a word or given me a funny look, so all nervousness is gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links