Have you ever forgot you were carrying? - Page 2

Have you ever forgot you were carrying?

This is a discussion on Have you ever forgot you were carrying? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My carry setup is comfortable enough that while I usually remember it's there I don't really "feel" it's presence more than my wallet. I've had ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever forgot you were carrying?

My carry setup is comfortable enough that while I usually remember it's there I don't really "feel" it's presence more than my wallet. I've had a few times when I thought I'd forgot it and bumped the spot with an arm for an "Oh yeah, it's there" moment.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    There have been many times where I am much more painfully aware of the presence of my wallet in my back pocket than the presence of anything on my belt, including the XD, flashlight, and reload. Even with supportive side bolsters in my car, I don't feel it biting into me like my wallet does when I sit on it for hours on end. I have found myself in places where I needed to OC vs. CC (alcohol serving restaurants) where I forgot to tuck my cover garment in behind the gun - simply tuck it in as I sit in the booth, and if anyone mentions that I shouldn't have been CCing, then chalk it up to a lack of situational awareness on their part.

"Oh, I've been OC this whole time! You must not have noticed it when I walked in."

Although nothing makes you more aware of the presence of a firearm on your belt than sitting in one of the nicest restaurants in town (my birthday dinner this year) and having thee of the nine people sitting there OCing, including Limatunes, sitting on the outside of the table with Wilson hanging out for everyone to see as they pass. Nothing says don't screw with us tonight like putting the pretty armed girl out where people can see her.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    HAHA I was going to start a thread about this,b/c its happened to me twice with my p3at. Its kind of hard to forgot the XD is on me,..lol. I'd rather not go into detail, but lets just say it was rather humbling.

I had my first "gun fell out" the other day, too.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

My 2" snubby get's lost with my IWB at 1:00 all the time. I have to "Pull up my pants" and check it all the time. It's very comfortable and it's easy to forget because it's always there. When I have to tuck in my shirt (dress up) I ankle carry. That you can't forget that due to the weight and the occasional "Racking" of the opposing ankle.

I have forgotten I was carrying my BUG around the house, until I went looking for it and eventually found it on my hip. Primary is always on me in the house, so that's not much of an issue.

I have not forgotten I was carrying in public, perhaps because in certain places, if some anti sees it, they may shriek. Shriek-avoidance helps keep my radar alert.

That's the norm.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    I don't think I've ever forgotten but I have reached a point where I have stopped thinking about it all the time!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

My EDC, like my watch...I sometimes (when SOB) must think a moment...is it there?...Yep!......it IS very comfortable. When IWB, I know it's there, but I have been places where I was going to remove a cover garment and quickly remember that...I can't...gotta' keep the sidearm covered...I guess that qualifies as comfortable!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 1st, 2007 at 09:07 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    [No]...

YES.......and I was in a Bank when I realized it. I was talking with my wife, and it dawned on me that yes I was armed, yes I'm in a bank, and yes I can end up in serious dodo. After I came to my senses, beelined out to the car to unarm myself, and returned to finish the business I was taking care of.

Damn CTAC Holster!!!

wj
    Once. I was in Wal Mart, took off my jacket to do a blood pressure check, realized when I was done "I TOOK OFF MY JACKET". No one even noticed, I replaced my jacket and had a good chuckle at my expense. Only time.

A couple of times I forgot and went through the Air Force base gate with my carry weapon on. That was quite a while back and until last week it had been almost a year since I'd been on base. It's for that reason that I make a point of staying off the Air Force base when ever possible. I don't even get my prescriptions filled on base any more.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

Just last week...walked from the parking garage to work(mental hsopital)where carry is against the law,and realized my 642 was still in my pocket.no problem,just used a lock box in our security office...I know the sargent and he was ok w/ it.He just said if I forgot it at 4:00,it was his.
    also once I didn't realize the Dr. would want me to take off my shirt.I was carrying on my hip..if he saw it,which I can't believe he didn't,he didn't say anything.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

with my 1911 I always know.

Every now and then I get too comfortable which is a good thing. I was in a resturant called Bufallo Wild Wings and didn't realize they served alcohol I was at the take-out window and I was on my way out by then too. I try to not get so relaxed like that anymore, I've only had my concealed for 3 months now and I don't want to lose them for something so stupid along with my weapon.
    "We are Texas Rangers sent by the Governor Himself and our jurisdiction is anywhere we happen to be." Agustus McCrae

Got A Problem? The Odds Aganist You? Call The Equalizer 212-555-4200

NRA Member
    S&W M&P .40, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 22

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links