Food for thought - vid games.

This is a discussion on Food for thought - vid games. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not to get off subject. I belive recoil is all a state of mind. When I was 12yrs old my dad got several Ithica DeerslayerII ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food for thought - vid games.

Not to get off subject.

I belive recoil is all a state of mind.

When I was 12yrs old my dad got several Ithica DeerslayerII 12ga Shotguns for payment for doing some eletrical work. When we went to break one in he started to complain how it was making his shoulder sore after 2 boxes of slugs (hes also a 220lbs guy). When I was shooting it, the shotgun seemed to have the same recoil as a .30-30. My dad and uncles were amazed how they could keep feeding me boxes of slugs, and I would just keep shooting em!
    It wasnt untill I was 23 when I first put a scope on my slug gun. Thats when I got my first scope bite on my eyebrow. Thats when a 12ga actualy had recoil for me.

Now I just use a muzzy when I cant hunt with a rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mobyclarke
    it came out that he was very used to video game guns and that is why he never took his finger out of the trigger guard. In those games, that can be the difference between winning and losing. So, even though we may not realize it, these games do have an effect on those who play them often.
    In all honesty, it sounds like an excuse.

I'm aware of *no* video game that has an option to remove finger from trigger - if there is, I'd like to play it. You just 'have' the gun. It's always ready to shoot if it's out.

And yes, I play GTA:SA and the other horrible, hellish games that will turn me into a mutant sociopath.

Or am I already? :)
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    In all honesty, it sounds like an excuse.
    Agreed, I think most people who are not that familiar with firearms will automatically put their finger on the trigger when they pick one up. I've heard it said that you can tell the people that know what they're doing from those that don't just by watching them at a gun-show or in a shop--the ones that pick up the gun and keep their finger indexed on the frame (and automatically check the action assuming it's not zip-tied open); or those that immediately grab the trigger and start waving it around.

BTW...when I take people shooting for the first time they get the saftey spiel and one reminder. If they screw up after that they're done. It's not worth taking a chance on someone getting hurt.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links