Permit and the Military - Page 3

Permit and the Military

This is a discussion on Permit and the Military within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you want nuke muns, say goodbye to self-medication (i.e. Nyquil) and hello to having your medical record reviewed every 6 months, or earlier, whether ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you want nuke muns, say goodbye to self-medication (i.e. Nyquil) and hello to having your medical record reviewed every 6 months, or earlier, whether you want to or not.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by AluckyB View Post
    Ok heres another question then. In indiana you dont have to go to any class or get trained on your handgun. So say im 21 and have my indiana permit and go to a state that requires you to take a test or class to be able to carry. I "legally" wouldnt be allowed to carry because i dont meet the states requirements of taking the test?
    That is not necessarily accurate. For example, Indiana is on Texas's list of states for whom Texas will honor out of state permits for non-Texas residents, meaning that Texas will recognize Indiana CHL permits for Indiana residents who are in Texas. If you should be training at an Air Force installation in Texas, and retain your Indiana driver's license, you should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    B52---are you at KBAD or KMIB?
    I think he is at Minot as his avatar shows a BUFF actually flying!
    Zippo9
    USAF Retired

Yeah, heavies are the best to work on. Plus, you get to fly with the plane and go TDY with it. If you're on fighters, then you ride on heavies anyways, only you're treated like cattle. I was a flying crew chief when I worked on KC-10's. I was gone all the time. Any kind of cargo plane is going to get some good TDY's. I have been all over the world on the governments dime.

VIP Member
    I came out of tech school with the old fighter AFSC 431x1C and got stationed at Charleston on C-5's and paper work swapped to the 431x1E carreer field, spent my whole career working them. Don't know about now but back then promotions were much better in the heavy's than it was in the fighter field. Given the choice between the "glamour" of fighters or a promotion and more money......well hard to pay rent and buy food with glamour. Of course pay has come a long ways since I first joined.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    That is not necessarily accurate. For example, Indiana is on Texas's list of states for whom Texas will honor out of state permits for non-Texas residents, meaning that Texas will recognize Indiana CHL permits for Indiana residents who are in Texas. If you should be training at an Air Force installation in Texas, and retain your Indiana driver's license, you should be okay.
    Then since they accept it they know that 18 is the age you can get a carry permit so i should be allowed to carry if i have my permit at age 19...i dont even have a gun yet but i just want to know what the deal is.

B52
    I was as at Barksdale now at Davis-Monthan. Great to hear from so many AF members; this forum has lots of military folks...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links