Would it make a difference? - Page 4

Would it make a difference?

This is a discussion on Would it make a difference? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If we are allowed to carry it may make a difference, if we are not allowed it CAN'T make a difference. Z...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Distinguished Member
    If we are allowed to carry it may make a difference, if we are not allowed it CAN'T make a difference.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

My question is, how much of a difference would it make if those areas where not restricted to concealed carry of firearms, or would it make a difference at all?
    Now? Not much. My county has less than 1% CCW permits. Out of that maybe half carry regularly. Faced with the situation, from what I gather from the board postings, less than half would engage the perp. I mean no disrespect to those who would not, I really don't want to give up my middle class existence to the next of kin of a perp either.

Until gun laws become sane, and tort reform happens, the perps have little to fear - especially ones with a death wish.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Sure I can... about 2 sworn officers per 1000 of population. That doesnt mean working at any given time, it just means thats what the average city employs.
    Now, divide that number by about 8, and you'll have the ratio during the average shift.....just remember that they'll be spread out all over the jurisdiction. Also remember that the number you come up with will include administrative and investigative types....not exactly "front-line troops".

VIP Member
    Permit me to use some intuitive reasoning.

Out of the general population, what percent spends money and frequents the mall? Maybe 30% excluding the very young, old, and poor. Out of those mall people will come the CC'ers who will likely half be carrying. the odds that a CC would be close to the problem and carrying will be much higher that we have been imagining.

But most importantly, if the main stream media would make an hero of the CC'er that prevents a tragedy, instead of the perpetrator, future perpetrators wouldn't have that incentive of becoming a folk legend. Suicide by CC Citizen wouldn't have that sensational, glamorous aura that the media feeds on.

I think removing the gun ban signs from safe "criminal empowerment" zones, will have a huge, beneficial effect on these crazy crimes that the media makes so much cash from.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links