Wish Me Luck

This is a discussion on Wish Me Luck within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am curious as to why you first seem to have known your company had a policy at all was during this meeting with your ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wish Me Luck

I am curious as to why you first seem to have known your company had a policy at all was during this meeting with your boss? Shouldn't you have received a copy of all company policies so you can refer to then now to see what the wording actually was when you were first employed? Can you ask for a copy now? And certainly, I would expect, that if your company never made you aware of the policy then it's not enforcible this time around. And remember, they would have to PROVE you knew the policy was in place. Most company's will do this during your first day training and ask you to read it and sign something that says you read it. And then, often, they yearly put them back out and ask you to read and sign them again. If they left any of these things uncovered then they are going to have to review how they do these sorts of things and fix it. And policy is only enforcible if they can prove you knew them.

Good luck... but do some of your own investigation to protect yourself. Ask for the policy. And ask to see your files so you can see if you ever signed anything pertaining to that policy.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by surprise View Post
    But they talk. Eventually it gets around. Especially to a skirt.
    I don't get it. And I don't like the reference to a gender by clothing.

no further comment

jahwarrior72,

Best of luck to you. You did not mention, so I presume, yours is not a Union Shop. If there is a union, talk to the shop steward quick.

It sounds to me like you are in the clear as far as company policy is concerned. It may be wise if you left your "alternative cutting tool" home on Monday and use whatever is deemed appropriate on the job that day. Don't give'm any excuse for canning you.

As for the temper tantrum, unless there where witneses, keep it to yourself. Without proof, it is your word against hers. Trust me, us male management types invariably take the side of the "poor defenseless woman", no matter how much of a b*tch she is. Unless your company's management is full of complete and utter dummies, you should be fine.
    Never Again!
    Speak softly and carry a large caliber weapon.

VIP Member
    Good luck!

Hang tough and the rest of us can learn something here.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    i replied that i can only pack jobs that i had slips for, and that neither my foreman, production supervisor, or plant manager had given me any such slip, nor was i given a verbal request for any. if i did pack the order, i would be the one responsible for it in case it was done incorrectly, or was lost in shipping, or if anything else went wrong. as such, i couldn't do it. she gave me an evil once over, and yelled "FINE!" before stomping off, and throwing her glasses across the plant floor.
    i wonder what the company policy is regarding haveing the slip to do the job, not wearing safty glasses in the warehouse, and throwing said unwor safty glasses across said warehouse? and see if someone else saw ya. after all tis kindness to share ones christmas gifts with those deserving of such.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    I don't want any harm to come to anybody, but it would almost be poetic if she were held up in the parking lot. Even more so if you were to come to her rescue. Now, coming back to reality, I hope everything works out for you at work tomorrow.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Best of luck. I hope that nothing further is said. However, if you are fired, I would get a written copy of your company's policy manual. If it indeed says that carrying illegal weapons are prohibited, then I would suggest that you speak with an employment attorney. You may get to retire early!

Quote Originally Posted by surprise View Post
    Eventually it gets around. Especially to a skirt.
    I kinda bet she doesn't wear skirts.
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

It's Monday.......Keep us up to date on the situation there. I'm hopeing all works out for you.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

well, i'm leaving for work in a bit......if i post again before 3 pm, then things went south for me.

VIP Member
    4PM eastern time and no post yet. Things must be OK.

Was thinking the same thing - came here just to check on his postings!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I am all tied up in a knot waiting this one out!

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Me too. He should be fine, but you never know. Hopefully he didn't get mugged today because he isn't carrying.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links