Wish Me Luck

This is a discussion on Wish Me Luck within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Martha... The rest of the plant... Sounds like things are working out very well...in the car isn't too bad...wish I could even do that. Stay ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Wish Me Luck

Thumbs up jahwarrior...NICE!

Martha...

The rest of the plant...

Sounds like things are working out very well...in the car isn't too bad...wish I could even do that.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

update: this past friday, we had an office x-mas party. everyone was expected to attend, whether they liked it or not, from 11am to 2pm. so, i dusted myself off, changed out of my boots and got ready to listen to idle gossip and lies for the next 2-3 hours. everyone did indeed show up, including the people involved in the meeting. everything went okay for about an hour, then Q pulled me to the side to speak to.

"red wants to talk to you later, when you have a minute," he said.

"well, i have a minute now," i replied. he nodded, and went to get him. red walked on over from another table.

"so how's everything going? ready for the holidays?" this went on for about 5 minutes, then he sprung it on me. "listen, before i forget, i discussed our situation with Q and the owners, and we've decided that we needed to revise the policy on, well, you know (he couldn't even say the word gun!!). sooooo, as of january 1st, you're not gonna be able to bring that with you to work. i just wanted to tell you, so you don't cause trouble for yourself. i have a draft ready now, if you want a copy of it."

"well, when will you be handing out the new policy books?" i asked.

"huh? oh, uh, well, probably, uh, i guess sometime in march," he replied.

"so no one's going to know about the new rule until then? is that fair?"

he frowned, and he looked constipated. "look, you can't take this personally. this is the way it is. you're a good worker, and we'd hate to lose you over something so stupid."

"i just think that the new rule was written solely for me, especially since i'll be the only guy with a copy of it. sounds like a weird kind of discrimination, if you ask me."

"WHAT-"

"and believe me, being a minority in this town, i know enough about discrimination to recognize it. i also know how to deal with it."

red turned, well, redder, and said nothing. he simply shoved a $20 gift card for a local dept. store in my hand and walked off. later, Q approached me with another gift card for groceries. while handing it to me, he asked me if i understood the new policy. i said i did, and thanked him. i went back to my table, and continued to flirt with the customer service girls.

later, some of the guys asked me what i talked to red about. i'm confused; should i tell them about the new secret policy, or should i say nothing, hoping it will backfire?

either way, the parking lot isn't owned by the company, so if nothing else, i can stash my gun in someone's car.

VIP Member
    I know what you are saying about a rule being made just for you. When Missouri first got their ccw laws, I talked openly with coworkers About getting their ccw permit. I told them they be doing themself a favor by doing so along with doing their neighbors a favor by being armed. I even talked to the safety manager since I was a boss and he talked about hunting all the time. He was not a stranger to guns. He said he was totally against Missouri's law on carrying permits and the work place is not a place for weapons. I could see some of his points but could not agree with most of them. Well two days later our company was posted and so was the parking lot. Our company owns four companies in the United States and only one of them was in a noncarry state, but our plant was the only one posted. I'm sure it was done because of me.

If I was you and your coworkers want to know, tell them in a way that it does not come back on you as a disgruntle worker. It is their company and they can run it like they want without your approval. Its hard to get another good paying job, so keep this one.

Regarding another issue, I once got the word at work that what I did was to be thenceforth forbidden. I told the messenger that, until it was a rule that applied to everyone, I would consider it discrimination. I never heard back from them.

Corporate-types are cowards and sycophants. They attack you because they are afraid of someone and they will back off from you if they are afraid of you.

Just a little chapter from "What I Learned before I Escaped."
    I went to buy some camouflage pants, but I couldn't find any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
    Regarding another issue, I once got the word at work that what I did was to be thenceforth forbidden. I told the messenger that, until it was a rule that applied to everyone, I would consider it discrimination. I never heard back from them.

Corporate-types are cowards and sycophants. They attack you because they are afraid of someone and they will back off from you if they are afraid of you.

Just a little chapter from "What I Learned before I Escaped."
    From my own experience I have found corporate to be clever and not cowards!!! If they really want you they'll find other ways. Do not think that you're not replaceable, because you are. There is a lot of people out of work who will take your job if the opertunity arises.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links