Ft. Bragg/on base living

Ft. Bragg/on base living

This is a discussion on Ft. Bragg/on base living within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Question for those who have lived on base. If you are living in military housing on base at Ft. Bragg, does anyone know one way ...

Thread: Ft. Bragg/on base living

Ft. Bragg/on base living

Question for those who have lived on base. If you are living in military housing on base at Ft. Bragg, does anyone know one way or the other if the spouse can carry while living on base?
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

Administrator
    I believe on post carrying by just about anybody is a no no. At least it was 10 years ago.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Not sure about the Army, but...

For Air Force MFH (military family housing) - you can transport unloaded weapons to and from housing in your car. Not sure if it's gotta' be in the trunk. These were the rules when we lived in Germany, USAF Academy, & Wyoming MFH. The rules were in the form of base regulations signed by the Base Commander, so presumably there is a possibility of variance from base to base, post to post. However, carrying a loaded weapon on base, or while not actually going to and from your housing unit, is a whole 'nother ball of twine to unravel. Recommend calling the JAG office and ask the question. Pretty sure carrying CCW, which presumes loaded, is prohibited on ALL federal installations.

Several court decisions have denied CCW to employees on federal installations, even federal police (example), so I would presume it won't go well for non-federal folks (dependants).

Also, caught carrying on Federal land is likely much worse than misdemeanor tresspass. IMHO (not a lawyer, don't play one on TV, and don't know any personally).
    Protect your family. Reload. Call 911.

VIP Member

I just recently moved off Bragg, and now live just outside the post, but still travel on-post almost daily. There is absolutely NO concealed carry on post. The only way you can concealed carry on-post is under the peaceable journey law. That says that if you drive through post on a roadway that does not require i.d. checks for access, and you don't make any stops whatsoever, then you may concealed carry. If you stop on-post, attempt access through a checkpoint, or attempt to enter any area that requires an I.D. check then you can't carry. If you break down, you must immediately secure your firearm out of reach when driving and seperate from the ammo. If you live on post, then you must register all firearms at the provost marshalls office. If you live in the barracks, then your firearms must be locked up in the arms room(I was the unit armorer and had to secure a few p.o.w.s), or off-post.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I believe on post carrying by just about anybody is a no no. At least it was 10 years ago.

Good lord man we can't allow our military to have weapons. They might kill someone.

I work on base as a civilian and I can't stand the fact that I am unable to arm myself on my commute to and from. I have to pass through some rough areas and my neighborhood has seen a recent surge in burglaries. I was allowed for a short time to check my firearm at the armory for the day, but the NCOIC of the base SF pulled the plug saying if I didn't live on base, I could no longer keep it at the armory.

On a military base...you live under the same rules as your husband...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links