Disney

This is a discussion on Disney within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ExSoldier72, Judging from your handle, you are former military like me. That being said, thanks right back at ya' for your own service. Another thing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    ExSoldier72,
    Judging from your handle, you are former military like me. That being said, thanks right back at ya' for your own service. Another thing that has always affected my decision to carry in a Disney or not to carry is what type of attack I might expect there. In my way of thinking, a terrorist attack using firearms is very, very unlikely. If it were to happen it would most likely be an IED, or bio/chem in nature. That being said, having a handgun would not do me much good. As for your run of the mill pickpocket or jackass with a bad temper, I feel like I can most likely handle the situation with my happy little hands. However, if there were a rash of terrorist attacks that involved randon shootings in tourist attractions and amusement parks, I might have to rethink my tactics. But, for now, it boils down to the environment.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Gonzo - thx. You made one exceptionally valid point. Namely - it would to all intents be a no shoot environment, with so many folks around. I know this but needed someone to remind me. Come to think on it - when not long ago I was at County Fair with my son and was carrying, this did cross my mind, with folks all over. I guess my carry thoughts were more geared to some possible confrontation possibility outside of the crowds. They were tho of course not up to ''Dizzy proportions"

I'll not I doubt be visiting DizzyLand but if I were in a more local theme park this would equally apply. I am not LE and never was but I am a staunch 16/7 carry person and if having to downsize would plan to pocket pack my R9. However - you have given me good pause for thought.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo
    In my way of thinking, a terrorist attack using firearms is very, very unlikely. If it were to happen it would most likely be an IED, or bio/chem in nature. That being said, having a handgun would not do me much good. As for your run of the mill pickpocket or jackass with a bad temper, I feel like I can most likely handle the situation with my happy little hands. However, if there were a rash of terrorist attacks that involved randon shootings in tourist attractions and amusement parks, I might have to rethink my tactics. But, for now, it boils down to the environment.Gonzo
    Yeah, I feel exactly the same way. I never knew just how MUCH OBL hated the MOUSE until I read a few recent books one by a guy named BODANSKY who is probably one of the leading experts on this terrorist POS. So when it comes to Disney, I'd almost expect WMD, like VX or a whole slew of IED's. I'd prolly carry a Spyderco knife for emergencies. Lots of good a good knife can do!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator

Thumbs up Listen To Gonzo

Ditto: Everything Gonzo said.
    I AGREE with him 100% - Go have a great time...The mouse with the big ears is totally harmless.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    The mouse with the big ears is totally harmless.
    Well...not entirely. Believe me, he will strip every dollar from your wallet and every penny from your pocket before you leave. LOL!
    Gonzo
    Last edited by TheGreatGonzo; August 15th, 2005 at 11:35 AM.
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Administrator

Thumbs up Disney

Yes, Forget Gun...TAKE MONEY!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I don't know how true this maybe, I have heard that Mickey, Goofy and even that good look'en Snow White along with their buds are all quick responce federal agents with Home Land Security, FBI, CIA or something along those lines and will take you down in a second if you mess up. I think they all carry Mac 10's - the park is a war zone

Cool Do MOUSE FEDS carry MOUSE GUNS?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader
    I don't know how true this maybe, I have heard that Mickey, Goofy and even that good look'en Snow White along with their buds are all quick responce federal agents with Home Land Security, FBI, CIA or something along those lines and will take you down in a second if you mess up. I think they all carry Mac 10's - the park is a war zone
    You have GOT to be kidding! The Disney characters are mostly college kids who can stand the extreme heat inside those suits...oh and the sometimes PERVERT who get's busted for groping the kiddies as happened recently.

Now the real Disney security guys are often ex FBI or secret service...not the uniformed rent-a-cops that patrol, but the corporate guys who travel the world to international mouse houses to keep folks safe and crime down.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I guess my thought on the "no shoot" environment is a little different. I go to the park a lot, and there are plenty of times I find myself in situations where I could use a firearm if I had to. Carrying in my pocket is not an inconvenience at all for me (and I avoid the water rides for the most part anyway unless we plan ahead for that), so all other things being equal, I would rather have it if I need it and make the decision as to whether I can use it or not when presented with the issue. If its in my car or hotel room, I have no choice to make.

That being said, I think the inside of the Disney parks are very safe. The outskirts are more questionable, although violent crime seems relatively low. However, I never try to base my decision to carry on my "risk assessment" for the day, since that seems to be a pretty difficult thing to do with any accuracy.
    DDGator (Duane)
    www.RealWorldCarryGear.com

My family is planning one of those Disney parks/Disney cruises next spring. I have been unable to find any information on what I can do with my firearm when we get onto the ship. I don't know, do they xray bags, can I declare it (not likely) or can I find some type of storage locker at the terminal.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links