Defensive Carry banner

LEO moving in

4K views 39 replies 34 participants last post by  cwblanco 
#1 ·
Not in my apartment, but in my complex.

It is a small complex with sixto-eight units. :wink: He may even move in to the unit next door to mine as it has recently become vacant. My question is whether I should inform him of my carry status as I will likely run into him periodically when he is both in uniform and regular clothes.

#31 ·
I want to thank everyone for their opinions. I had no idea this issue was going to be so controversial. :wink:

And I thought I was going to have a personal bodyguard. You mean he is just a regular guy who works as a LEO?

#33 ·
Yup. And why would you think he'd be your unpaid personal bodyguard?
Picture, if you will, the approriate 'smiley' after my comment.

#34 ·
Most LEOs that I know do not like mixing with non-LEOs in any social environment.

Many aren't gun people and only carry because it is "part of the job".

Attitudes towards civilian carry/ownership will run the gamut, but probably strongly influenced by where he grew up (not where he's living now).

Best bring over a cake/brownies, say hello, offer to be friendly (NO mention of guns at all) and see if he "bites" or not. Many will be polite and then go into "recluse mode".

I know a lot of LEOs, worked with lots and still do. None has ever asked me if I carry and I have never asked them . . . although I do know the answers for a few of them that I used to work with.

I've offered "range time" to a handful of chiefs and a handful of officers that I know personally. NONE have ever taken me up on it, although I did sponsor a few LEOs for gun clubs that I've belonged to over the years.

#40 ·
You do not go around telling neighbors of your concealed status. Likewise, you should treat him or regard him no differently from any other neighbor. Remember that he is at home, and not at work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.