Question about CC in FL

This is a discussion on Question about CC in FL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off forgive me it this is already posted. I searched but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Can someone please clarify for ...

Thread: Question about CC in FL

Question about CC in FL

First off forgive me it this is already posted. I searched but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Can someone please clarify for me the law in regard of CC at home and your place of business.

3) LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes: .....

(n) A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;
    And..

Unless you have a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) carrying a concealed firearm other than on your own property or the property of your business is a third degree felony in Florida punishable by up to five years imprisonment. [Florida Statute 790.01].
    http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/mm...ncealed-Weapon

I pretty much understand the law in regards to possession in a car but does this allow someone to carry at home and at work without a CCL? "Place of business" would that be work or do you have to own the business?

I know that the easiest way to clear this up is to just get a CCL and that is in the works. I was just wondering about it for in the mean time. Thanks ahead of time...

2. Remove Ads

I'm not an attorney; but, in reading this, my take is, if your on your property, business or home, you can carry a gun without a license, if your legally permitted to own a gun under Federal and Sate Law.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Supertac got it spot on.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Yeah, you have to own the business.

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    Yeah, you have to own the business.
    I disagree, you may be an employee and carry with the employer's permission...same as if you owned the business!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thank you for your help. I was thinking along the same lines but wanted to make sure.

Links