Bad People For CCW

This is a discussion on Bad People For CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CelticWolf My buddy and her often argue to the point of it getting physical. I have seen them slap, punch, choke, hit, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad People For CCW

Quote Originally Posted by CelticWolf View Post
    My buddy and her often argue to the point of it getting physical. I have seen them slap, punch, choke, hit, yank hair and one ocasion she hit him with her car.
    I just don't want anything more serious to happen.
    Good grief! The behavior you've just described isn't simply an anger issue, it's unbridled aggressiveness.

I absolutely will not associate with anyone who displays such immature behavior, and this includes blood relatives.

If you possess enough good judgment to notice these people have a propensity for violent behavior, why don't you disassociate yourself from them before your involvement causes you to end-up in trouble with the law, if not injured or killed?
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    Good grief! The behavior you've just described isn't simply an anger issue, it's unbridled aggressiveness.

I absolutely will not associate with anyone who displays such immature behavior, and this includes blood relatives.

If you possess enough good judgment to notice these people have a propensity for violent behavior, why don't you disassociate yourself from them before your involvement causes you to end-up in trouble with the law, if not injured or killed?
    you got a PM
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I would hope she (and he?) has/have/are seeing a counselor of some kind.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; December 13th, 2007 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    It is a right we as Americans have....she fits that bill...In fact, I am a CCW instructor....I love teaching, and love teaching about firearms...but I don't feel I need to teach a course for someone to exercise thier constitutional rights.
    just my .02...hope I don't get flamed to badly.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesnofoa View Post
    A concealed carry class might help her. It will teach her about safety and the proper mindset. Or you could just tell her what you honestly think.
    A class might help. I used to be pretty hot headed. One of the things our instructor told us that sticks in my mind and calms me do is the follolwing....

EVEN if it is a completly correct shooting, it will probably cost you 20 grand before it is over with. That always makes me stop and think, before I go off halfcocked
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

I have disassociated years ago. But my he was my best friend growing up and his mother just died last week. So I have been around for funeral arrangments. I grew up 2 houses apart and called her mom. so I had to go.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

I have no reason not to believe you and I don't think a person needs to have a degree in psychology to tell when a firearm is just not the right "fit" for certain people.

There are plenty of drunks driving around as I type this that just haven't been caught yet.

Honesty is my rule for life. Honesty doesn't mean being nasty or mean...just honest. "I'm really sorry but I'm just not comfortable with assisting you in purchasing a firearm and/or getting your CCW for reasons ABC."
    If you can read this, thank a teacher; if you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

It sounds like your concerns are well founded. Here's my thought.

1.Schedule a meeting with just the two of you. Don't try to have this conversation when a bunch people meet up for dinner.

2.Let her know that you have put a lot of thought into this conversation. Make sure she know that you are telling her this because you are concerned about her, as opposed to friends or how she might represent the CCW community.

3.Then layout your reasons for her to not carry a gun. Make it clear that carrying a gun exposes her to a new level legal consequences. Consequences that could send her to prison or get her killed.

4.Recommend a course of action that may help her overcome these problems. It could be anger management classes, firearm training classes or even Dr. Phil. Setup a firearms training session for her. Then ask the instructor to emphasize the risks and responsibilities of carrying a gun. (She doesn’t have to know you did that.)

If she still seems unwilling to heed your advice, here’s one last resort suggestion. Ask her to sign a paper indicating that you had this conversation explaining the reasons she shouldn’t carry. This may souns silly and will probably be meaningless in a court of law, but it might drive the point a little further home for her. Good luck.

I have disassociated years ago. But my he was my best friend growing up and his mother just died last week. So I have been around for funeral arrangments. I grew up 2 houses apart and called her mom. so I had to go.
    Again, thank you for clarifying you no longer associate with these animated time bombs on a regular basis.

I'd really hate to have track you down to slap some sense into you.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

My buddy and her often argue to the point of it getting physical. I have seen them slap, punch, choke, hit, yank hair and one ocasion she hit him with her car.
    I just don't want anything more serious to happen.
    One of my standing rules to live and carry by is :

Don't associate with stupid or violent people.

My friend, your buddy and his fiance fall squarely into this catagory and not only should you not encourage her to get her carry permt, but don't encourage her to buy a gun. And you should most likely distance yourself from these to fools for your own good.

EDIT I hit reply before reading the entire thread. Now I see that you have cut them loose long ago. I understand why you had to come into contact with them again.
    Good job in protecting yourself by disassociating yourself from these people. Now, don't fall back into some kind of relationship with them because of the sad circumstance of the death of his mother.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

This gal has anger issues, but when angry and knives are close at hand, she never stabbed or slashed anyone, nor when angry in the car has she run anyone down, nor beat someone with a frying pan. If she had, she would not be elligible for a CC permit. Get her involved with some forums and insist she take a CCW course before anything else.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

This does not apply to the couple the OP was talking about, because they sound like they need some help. I wouldn't trust them around anything that could be used as a weapon, much less a knife, gun, or car!

But, on the subject of whether some normal, yet not always level headed, people carrying: When I took my CC class the instructor, a police officer, asked a question, What percentage of the calls his dept. gets are gun calls? Some guessed 5% (they have to be mostly piddly stuff right), some said 25%, etc. The answer, 100% because even if there wasn't a gun before they got there the police bring a few with them.

This really hit home for me. Every incident I am involved in is a "gun incident", making it extremely important that I not be involved. I don't know if others have had this realization, but I certainly did. I am far more level headed and polite to others now that I carry then I was before.

Do not know Michigan's procedure but in CA we have to take a weapons proficiency test, mine was with a LEO and I am positive he gave an informal 'mindset' test -
    Permits (here) can be denied without having to state why.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    This gal has anger issues, but when angry and [...] in the car has she run anyone down[?]
    Umm, I believe OP did say she had hit the fiance with a car...

If she has something in her past that causes her to fail the requirements for the permit she won't get one. If she doesn't well then she will be able to. Has the anger only been directed at her fiancee? Maybe it is what drives their relationship. If she has yet to be arrested for assault, battery, whatever against anyone then maybe she and he just like some strange sort of violent relationship.

Recommend the forums, some classes, whatever but if you don't spend much time around them, she probably isn't going to listen. If she does get her permit, she will either learn to live by the law, or will get the permit revoked. Not really much you can do about people like this, but then again, who ever said we were the ones to determine if someone was fit to carry a gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links