Little surprise for my pastors

This is a discussion on Little surprise for my pastors within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First at my church there are three equal pastors so I needed all three's permission to carry in church. Second I trust these gentleman as ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little surprise for my pastors

Little surprise for my pastors

First at my church there are three equal pastors so I needed all three's permission to carry in church. Second I trust these gentleman as much as my own family.

Nobody at my church knows I have a CPL, after recent events I decided to ask them for permission to carry at church.

We were eating lunch together, the four of us, the other day when they actually brought up the shooting at the church and how a lady stopped the BG. I mentioned what it takes in order to be able to carry in a church and then asked what their official position as pastors would be on a member carrying in the building. They didn't think any thing of it.

As we got back to the church I I asked, "So just to clarify not one of you would mind if I were to carry a firearm?" Their eyes got a little big as I walked to my car and they said no. I open my door to get my Bible and one pastor yells, "Geez XXXX, you don't have to get it right now". I turned around and said, "No Pastor, I'd have to put it away right now. I've had it on all day."

Wow you want to talk about saucers for eyes. They were cool with just not quite used to the idea. I'm glad I could educate them.
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

2. Remove Ads

Good work.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    LOL good deal , with proper " ministerial" outreach on your part we may well soon see another pistol packing pastor or two lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Great story!

AWESOME! Here in AR, it is "against" the law to carry in church or any place of worship. I sent a letter to my State Rep asking that law needs to be repealed or amended. Good for you!

In texas you can carry unless it is posted. That came about after the shooting here a few years ago

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Well done!
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

In Virginia there's a lot of gray area

Carrying in church "during a religious service" is against the law, BUT there is a further clause..."without good and sufficient reason."

My two best reasons are almost always seated right next to me. And when my daughter and grandson are there I have more reasons. And all the other congregants are, each and every one, a "good and sufficient reason." I hope and pray I'll never have to defend that concept in a court.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

It’s a strange world we live in today, with the very fabric of our morals spiraling out of control. What once was considered a safe haven is today, a target.

Good job. Check your state to see if the permission has to be in writing......

wyo-man

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Good deal!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

What would you have said/done, if they had a problem with you carrying?

Very well done Sir. You handeled that very well.

I am sure your Pastors feel better about safety when you are around now. Perhaps now would be the time to bring up the subject of them getting their permits as well?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    When I bought my first gun, the guy told me that Vermont still has a law on the books that makes it mandatory for all adult males to openly carry a loaded gun to church. I haven't been able to find that law, it could be an urban legend. Well, in Vermont, a rural legend. :)

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    When I bought my first gun, the guy told me that Vermont still has a law on the books that makes it mandatory for all adult males to openly carry a loaded gun to church. I haven't been able to find that law, it could be an urban legend. Well, in Vermont, a rural legend. :)
    I read an article that said the same thing for South Carolina. That was in colonial times but it said you could be fined 20 shillings for not having a gun in church!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links