Good encounter with LEO

Good encounter with LEO

This is a discussion on Good encounter with LEO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok the other day a friend calls says his wife and child have been in an accident. it is snowing roads are icy etc. asks ...

Thread: Good encounter with LEO

Good encounter with LEO

Ok the other day a friend calls says his wife and child have been in an accident. it is snowing roads are icy etc. asks if i can go pick them up. so i head to the accident sight and i am carrying "always do" . i carry iwb and had my t shirt tucked in first so my gun is exposed then i wear a large sweatshirt.
    i get to the accident and all is well everyone is fine we wait for LEO and Tow truck when they arrive i get out and helped the tow truck driver"car was on its roof". well in monkeying around in all the weird positions helping him my sweatshirt got a little hung up and you could just make out the beltclip and part of the slide and rear sight. once i realized this i noticed the LEO had noticed it to and he was cool never said anything about it just finished the paperwork and was on his way. i fully expected he would ask for my permit or such.

Most LEO's are intelligent individuals. He more than likely sized you up and since you were living in a state that allows concealed carry, obviously felt you were legal. He very well could have run your plates, after he returned to his cruiser, to verify his decision, and could have persued you if he guessed incorrectly. Here in Texas, if the State Police do so, and you are a CHL holder, they will know instantly.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I think most believe in it. Maine is a great state, Caribou in 1968 and a small part of 69 was my home.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

yes i suppose he was busy with the storm but i still expected to have to explain. But for the most part i do think LEO's are good guys with a hard underpayed job.

Sponsored Links