Starting a U of Cincinnati Shooting Sports Club

This is a discussion on Starting a U of Cincinnati Shooting Sports Club within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just finished putting together the constitution and bylaws for creating a UC Shooting Sports Club, and hope to bring a shooting sports club back to ...

Thread: Starting a U of Cincinnati Shooting Sports Club

Starting a U of Cincinnati Shooting Sports Club

just finished putting together the constitution and bylaws for creating a UC Shooting Sports Club, and hope to bring a shooting sports club back to the University of Cincinnati for the first time in over 40 years.

To start this up though, we will need 10 UC students as members, 3 of them as officers (president, vice president, and treasurer) and a faculty advisor. Debby from Mad Duck has been kind enough to offer to be our faculty advisor.

What we need to do as a group - find people who go to UC and enjoy shooting firearms recreationally. Get them to email me (visit the link in my sig, click contact us, I'm the only Mike listed), and I will put them on as members assuming they are currently enrolled students on good standing. We will all need to get together some time and discuss who will be the president, v.p., and treasurer. The officers and Debby will then sign the application, and then it's down to handing in the application for approval.

The more people the better folks. We need, at a minimum, 10 folks for this. Then it's getting it passed through the Student Activities Board. Let's bring the shooting club back to UC for the first time in over 40 years.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    My wife will be starting at UC in January. I told her about your group, and she's interested in joining once she's a student.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Good luck in this new group. Wish all Universities had them.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Good luck
    "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- George Orwell

Ron Paul 2008!

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    I'm president of the pistol/rifle shooting club here at the University of Illinois. If you need any advice on anything, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm not familiar with the policies that are in place at UC, but I can share with you some things we've had to go through. I wish you the best of luck.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    sorry I am in NYC now and no longer a UC student...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Talking Good Idea & Good Luck!

Good Luck! My old school still has an active range, and all students are required to take basic weapons qualification and marksmanship training.

It's a small school just north of Colorado Springs.

My Dad's highschool had a shooting team (mid 1950's), Mine did not (late 1970s). I learned basic weapons safety and shooting skills in the Boy Scouts at the range at summer camp. Don't know if even Scouts get that opportunity anymore.

Seems the definition of a well-rounded education and wholesome afterschool activities may have changed so slowly we didn't notice it was happening.
    Protect your family. Reload. Call 911.

I went through the scout program through the 90's. Our scoutmasters had enough of a small arsenal that we probably could have earned our "Military Coup" merit badge by taking over the better part of our city.

Someone knew a gentleman with enough land, so we'd go out once a year and have a shooting camp out. We'd usually start off with long guns, .22s, some pistol caliber lever action carbines and a few others...usually 10-12 long guns. Then about the same number of hand guns in the afternoon.... .22s, .38s, 9mm...we had a Colt Anaconda one year, all followed by some clays with the shotguns in the evening.
    "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -- George Orwell

Ron Paul 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    I'm president of the pistol/rifle shooting club here at the University of Illinois. If you need any advice on anything, don't hesitate to PM me. I'm not familiar with the policies that are in place at UC, but I can share with you some things we've had to go through. I wish you the best of luck.
    Will do. I'd imagine that the policies are pretty darned similar!
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Links