My First Time Having To Pull My Weapon

This is a discussion on My First Time Having To Pull My Weapon within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 Awesome job, can't argue with success, but I will make a point. You were in serious danger of a gun grab ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My First Time Having To Pull My Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Awesome job, can't argue with success, but I will make a point. You were in serious danger of a gun grab if that hadn't worked out just right. Next time try a shove off with the other arm.
    Very good point I kinda had this covered from my own drills. My mom was nearly in the van all but her right leg. I had the wheel chair a light Invacare model between us as a barrier. If needed I had my left foot/shin under the seat part if he grabbed me I'd have shoved it into his "delicates" trust we I goofed and nailed myself there with the hand before it smarts. Plus thankfully I'm totally ambidexterous if he grabbed my gun hand this case the right I'd have my left on a punch dagger I carry and woulda tried to nail him under the closest arm. I believe there's enough nerve and tendon material to make him let go or if absolutely had to I'd have sliced his hands to make him let go. I'm not ex-military, off duty LEO, or even a well trained fighter but I have run these things in my mind so much they're almost like Virtual Reality training. Doing "what-if's" is the best no cost disaster planning I think someone can do even before they take their classes, and training.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Sounds like you did well. Thanks for sharing your story. We all can learn from each other and hopefully it will help us get home safe if we ever have a confrontation.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    You were confronted by a BG, you protected yourself and your mother and you both came out unharmed. The BG had a bad day. That's the way you want it to go. Congratulations.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Things worked out very well, first and foremost, because your were cognizant of your surroundings.

Sounds like you reacted very well, and very quickly.

As a note, if you were getting a prescription and this dirtbag was right there, perhaps the cops may find his face on a camera...did anyone ask?

I usually give sports scores...

"This just in..."

Team Victims 1

Dirtbags... But...

Sorry folks...Team Victims canceled the game...Nice work!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ree View Post
    Hoozyerdaddy,
    Congratulations on your observation skills and the outcome.

One thing I was curious about is whether it was light out or not. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but even if it has been, I don't have the best reading comprehension skills.
    It was somewhere around 6ish when I noticed the guy in the store and when we made the 911 call it was exactly 6:37 totally dark outside but thankfully we were fairly close the a big parking lot light where I always try to get from now on I'll be using the handi-cap parking spots I usually park elsewhere thinking well mom's being pushed in her chair and I'm healthy enough to get her there and back. So why not let another worse off person have the spot closer to the door. But now I'll be rethinking alot of things I do and make several changes. Especially since I usually see younger healthier looking people than me using these spots anyways.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Sounds like you handled the situation well. I'm glad that no one important got hurt. DON'T STOP COUNTING THOSE BLESSINGS!!!!
    GOD BLESS!!!!

Best example of the importance of situational awareness I've ever heard. Nice execution in managing to draw so quickly when he rushed you too. Well done.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links