The season - the place ....

This is a discussion on The season - the place .... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There was a time - maybe back in my nieve youthful days - when I might have considered churches as sacrosanct. Immune from bad things. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The season - the place ....

Assistant Administrator

There was a time - maybe back in my nieve youthful days - when I might have considered churches as sacrosanct. Immune from bad things. That is totally disproved of course.

Equally I might have considered malls at Christmas time equally safe from bad things - just because of ''the Spirit of Christmas". The feeling of ''goodwill'' etc. Also disproved - wrong thinking.

Transfer now to ''Cynical'' P95 - open eyes.!

Bad guys have no take on time of year, sanctity of a place ..... no, they are after what they can get - do what they wish, probably as easily and effectively as they can see possible.

So - all you folks still likely to get caught up in the commercial mayhem known as Christmas ..... be vigilant and prepared. This time of year is no safer than any other.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member
    Going Christmas shopping Sat. am, and my gun will be gift wrapped in a nice holster on my side.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Assistant Administrator
    My wife had to slip by Wally World this morning - and from her description - it was chaos!!

She did tho find me a bag of crushed walnut media for a superb price
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

In terms of consideration of whether to be armed, I view each day as just another "Tuesday." If anything, the decreased attentiveness of potential victims combines with the increased amount of wealth sitting outside of banks (either in wallets or newly-purchased items) to make it more enticing to robbers, this time of year.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The church thing is a great point. I'm a deacon at my church and to be honest I've never carried there. I guess I fell into the "safe" trap... "no one would EVER do anything there". Going to have to rethink things I suppose. Such a shame that one even has to worry about this.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Hit up one of the local Wally's yesterday. Man that was a mistake. I went in to get six boxes of #8 Heavy Field 12 Gauge. Jeebus!! Although, one guy looked at what I had in my arms and looked like he remembered something and went over to buy a bunch. Nobody else gave me a second look. hahaha I love this town.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

tis the season to dig out my #9 bird shot and prepare for a very cold weather MOUT drill to releive the stress of christmas shopping. it realy is becomeing like a warzone out there.(nah i take that back no warzone i've ever seen, trained for, or even heard of was that chaotic)
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

I agree completely! The crowds of aimless wanderers (actually, sitting ducks), unaware of the predatory dirtbags looking for easy marks...
    I hate crowds anyway...good reminder though...

Stay armed...stay out of the malls...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I always carry and at church, always have. I just picked up a nice OWB Ross holster
    http://www.rossleather.com/
    I works well and I played golf with it on today.

VIP Member
    I sure miss those days P95Carry!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I don't attend church (was forced to as a kid), that's why I've never been back. I believe religion should be a personal choice, but anyway back on topic.

I agree entirely that this season is no safer than any other season. Many folks mean to do good deeds this time of year, but there is in fact pure evil that is willing to disrupt that goodwill. If I'm not workin, I'm packin, and nobody is going to tell me otherwise... NOBODY!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post

Bad guys have no take on time of year, sanctity of a place ..... no, they are after what they can get - do what they wish, probably as easily and effectively as they can see possible.

This one Chris I'll have to disagree with you. Bad guys do have a take on time of year and sanctity of a place. This is the time of year when a lot of people let their awareness down. Malls are crowlded and pickpocketing is made easy. People leave the mall with their arms filled which makes muggings easier. Can you imagine how many wallets disappear during Madi Gra with people being elbow to elbow and drunk. Thats easy takeing. Any event or holiday during the year which lower your awareness is Christmas to a bad guy. The take is bigger and more of it.

VIP Member
    The BG's have not only broadened their geography but their "tactics" have become more violent and brazen as well.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    The BG's have not only broadened their geography but their "tactics" have become more violent and brazen as well.
    Cause and Effect.
    1. CAUSE - Gun control and "Gun Free" zones we all know are Criminal enhancement zones.
    EFFECT - Little to no fear of retaliation while working, do whatever they want.

2. CAUSE - CC permits to citizens.
    EFFECT - Increased risk of retaliation while working, subdue the victim(s) fast and hard.

Remove Cause #1, and drastically increase Cause #2, then there will be too much risk for the potential gains, thus a change in careers for the criminal. Unfortunately that will mean an increase of non-violent crime, like identity theft, property theft... The things that you can not fight against.

That or the criminal will start adapting the tactics of the terrorists - you can't hurt me if I am unarmed/running away/holding a child...
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Christmas and New Year's is when all the crazy's come out.
    Ask and shrink.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links