So I went to the movies tonight

This is a discussion on So I went to the movies tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the movies tonight to see The Chipmunks (interesting film). I saw three ARMED security guards there. I've never seen that before, even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I went to the movies tonight to see The Chipmunks (interesting film). I saw three ARMED security guards there. I've never seen that before, even on a Friday night. It was kind of nice to see the theater finally stepping up security efforts, and of course nothing went down either. I immediately recognized one guard had a Taurus 1911 cocked and locked in a thigh rig. I also went to a mall tonight to do some more shopping, and there were about five UN-armed security gaurds. The most they had was a baton, a radio, and a pair of cuffs, what good that will do if an insane person with a gun came in the mall and started shooting at anything that moved. Mall security is horrible.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member
    Our movie megaplex also have armed security here on a Friday and Saturday night.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I know armed security would give a lot of people the warm fuzzies, and it is good that the theater is taking security serious. It does help make things better

BUT as for me I don't like the idea of just relying on another person for my safety (heck, if I wake up dead I'd rather blame myself than someone else.). Although, with armed guards I would feel better fleeing a shooting rather than if there wasn't.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Any bets that the theaters will start getting complaints from the sheep about them just because they feel uncomfortable in the presence of ANY gun, no matter who is holding it?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Up here in New England. We see off duty police officers walking around the malls and movie theaters. Mostly Friday and Saturday nights.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdude View Post
    I went to the movies tonight to see The Chipmunks (interesting film). I saw three ARMED security guards there. I've never seen that before, even on a Friday night. It was kind of nice to see the theater finally stepping up security efforts, and of course nothing went down either. I immediately recognized one guard had a Taurus 1911 cocked and locked in a thigh rig. I also went to a mall tonight to do some more shopping, and there were about five UN-armed security gaurds. The most they had was a baton, a radio, and a pair of cuffs, what good that will do if an insane person with a gun came in the mall and started shooting at anything that moved. Mall security is horrible.
    It is nice that they got some armed security but were they doing a good job of watching people, being observant and making their presence felt? Or were they just standing against the wall oblivious to what people were doing?

Oh, did you get the feeling that they might actually be competent and confident with their equipment? Just because one of them had a decent firearm, in a thigh rig of all things, doesn't mean he knew how to use it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Hennessy View Post
    Our movie megaplex also have armed security here on a Friday and Saturday night.
    Ya Ben, but he is in Anchorage and your in St. Louis.
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I know every time I go to a movie there is at least one armed person present… ME
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrvoy View Post
    I can't speak for the rest of you, but I know every time I go to a movie there is at least one armed person present… ME
    + 1

I think what we can learn from this thread is that if some one wants to attack a mall, don't do it on Friday or Saturday.

Our local theaters use CONTRACT extra duty LEO for security. NO off duty stuff here. Keep'em on the clock.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

i wish michigan didnt have so many stupid gun free zones.

Could not agree more. When my friend and I go there is two armed people in the theater.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

When you said UN, I immediately thought what the heck is the United nations doing in the U.S. Thanks for continuing the UN-armed part.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

+1 as well, I just wish the armrests were a little wider. I have to turn as i sit to keep my gun from bangin on the darn arm rest. I do not see any security in my town's movie complex's, we do have the un armed guys in the mall with big goofy hats

Spyderdude,
    what theater did you go to hear in ANC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links