Defensive Carry banner

Finally Got My Permit

3K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  brandy_easttx 
#1 ·
My permit arrived today.....glad to be amongst the fellow Texans and Americans that are upholding our rights as citizens to arm ourselves. Thanks for everyones help.

I received license today but didnt carry tonight because it was a party night (drinking) I will have tons of questions in the near future, so please bear with me.

Love,

Brandy

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/craigneasttx/tchl.jpg

#2 ·
Well, I guess a 'party night' is a good reason to let your guard down. Be safe, listen to your instincts. When you're ready to join the 'real party', let us know.

#4 ·
Welcome to the club:35::danceban::danceban:

#6 ·
Good deal!! You're one of the good guys! Now,,,,,,,,, the fewer people that know it, the better off you will be. Get lots of ammo and practice, be careful, and be vigilant!!

#10 ·
what type of pistol are going to carry Brandy?

EDIT: I see its a Glock 26, nice choice...but keep your booger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire...People have toes missing (and worse) because they were'nt as familiar with their Glocks as they thought they were. To put it simply...unless the slide is locked back, and the mag is out...ITS LOADED.

#17 ·
BTW...what type of pistol are going to carry Brandy?

EDIT: I see its a Glock 26, nice choice...but keep your booger hook off the bang switch until ready to fire...People have toes missing (and worse) because they were'nt as familiar with their Glocks as they thought they were. To put it simply...unless the slide is locked back, and the mag is out...ITS LOADED.
Thanks for the advice. I have three hanguns. S&W airweight 38, Glock 26, and now Kimber ultra carry. We shoot every weekend out at the land and yes, i know, its practice practice practice....Thanks for the advice on the glock

#12 ·
I hate it when I get my tang toungled! Does your hubby have a gun too?:rofl:

#18 ·
My permit arrived today.....glad to be amongst the fellow Texans and Americans that are upholding our rights as citizens to arm ourselves. Thanks for everyones help.

I received license today but didnt carry tonight because it was a party night (drinking) I will have tons of questions in the near future, so please bear with me.

All I was saying is we went into town for a Christmas party. I drank, husband didnt. Since I was drinking, I didnt carry. I dont see what I did wrong, but I am still learning and need all the help I can get.

#21 ·
You did nothing wrong that I can see. Actually, I believe you used very good judgement by not carrying your firearm because you knew you would be drinking at the party.

Congrats to you and your husband getting your permits!

Stay safe!

#20 ·
Brandy I wouldn't worry about it. I think what he is refering to is you said you recieved it today and went to a party tonight. I noticed you posted at 1:45 AM and if you like me that is still the same day most of the time. My day runs from when I get up until I go to bed, regardless of wwhat the clock says.

#22 ·
I havent carried ever, besides around our place and out on the land. So I cant say I have. Today, we will do our Wally Walk. Tonight actually, after the Cowboy game.

I am looking forward to it. Not eating nacho's, but will buy some ammo and do a little Christmas shopping.

#31 ·
Not sure what that is supposed to mean. I wasn't looking for congrats, I was just wanting to tell someone and since your not supposed to shout it to the world, I shouted it to people who dont know me.

If I am out of place, I appologize.
You're not the only one confused by the comments. Don't worry too much as you'll see that everyone on this forum will have their own take (and that's what makes it worthwhile!).

#32 ·
I deleted several posts from this thread. If yours happens to be missing, you may want to consider reading the rules one more time, particularly #4 under "General Rules"....:ticking:

With that said, welcome to the forum, Brandy. Glad to have you aboard. :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.