Why I joined the site

Why I joined the site

This is a discussion on Why I joined the site within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Below is a post I made in another forum last weekend. I feel like the only thing that saved me was the doubt on rather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member Array itscoldoutthere's Avatar

Why I joined the site

Below is a post I made in another forum last weekend. I feel like the only thing that saved me was the doubt on rather or not I had a pistol on me. After that incident I have decided to purchase a pistol for concealed carry and this site is definitely gonna be a great help.

"We live in a world where people will take everything you have worked hard for including your life. I was confronted at a gas station this morning by two inquisitive guys. They seem very interested in the fact that I was going hunting. When I left apparently they followed me to the pasture gate. When I got out of my truck, to open the gate, the same two guys pulled up behind me. The driver gets out and the passenger cracked his door partially open. The driver walks toward me and then stops to ask " So what are you aiming to kill?" I looked at him and told him I had not quite figured that out yet. He looked at me for a second and said " Oh ok". Got back in his truck and left. Guys, I would have been screwed. I had my waders on and my gun was still in the truck. If they had decided to jump me it would have been over. Be careful who you talk to and remember that crack heads or just people up to no good would love to get their hands on some expensive hunting equipment."

Glad you survived the encounter. I'll bet you will be very careful from now on! Welcome to the sheepdogs...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

A gun in the hand (or on your person) is better than 10 in the truck.

Stay armed...expect the worst...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

DC Founder
    Welcome to the forum. I'm glad it turned out well. It could have turned into a serious situation real quick had they already had their mind completely made up about pulling something. It sounds like they didn't or something changed their mind....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Sometimes it takes the hairs on the back of your neck to go up, to have the reality of life these days slap you right across the face!

Welcome to a great forum and be safe!

PS: Your forum name.....come to Ohio. We'll show you what's cold outside!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

A few years ago a 70 year old farmer customer of mine stopped to help 3 people on the side of the road. Two crack heads and their 14 year old some kind of family member boy. They killed this nice man while his pistol was on the floor of his pickup under the seat. Stay armed, stay safe.
    Life member NRA since 1983
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Crossbreed SuperTuck. My wife carries a Walther PPS .40 w/Crossbreed holster.

VIP Member
    Glad everything turned out OK for you. Sounds like they really woke you up. Glad you are here.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard!

WHEW... sounds like the Good Lord had your back!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Moderator
    I'm glad it turned out OK.

I think sometimes some one can target a hunter for his gun, I'm glad it turned out well for you
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by itscoldoutthere View Post
    The driver walks toward me and then stops to ask " So what are you aiming to kill?" I looked at him and told him I had not quite figured that out yet. He looked at me for a second and said " Oh ok". Got back in his truck and left.
    Good answer. Maybe he thought you were considering him.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    WOW...that is a scary incident...they must have been desperate, because all hunters carry a weapon of some sort...that is a tough group to decide to mug...thank god everything worked out for you, and welcome to the club.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Welcome aboard. This is a great forum, terrific folks.

Glad your incident didn't escalate to anything sinister.

First, welcome! Having those guys pull up behind me would have defiantly set off alarm bells for me. Keep your gun where it is easy to get to as it does you no good anywhere else. Glad you are alright.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

A friend of mine has a similar thing happen here in the middle of town. He picked up his deer rifle, stopped to get gas and was almost attacked by 4 men in a Nissan. They wanted his modified Honda (350ish HP) Civic and pretty much told him they were there to kill him. He grabbed the rifle (unloaded) made a good show of chambering a round and leveled it at the driver and just said..Give it your best shot.
    They left, he called the cops and they didn't even so much as take a phone report.

never never never let your guard down...zombies are everywhere and no matter what we tell ourselves, there are a select few who can actually think through a situation...just like we do
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Good answer. Maybe he thought you were considering him.
    That is exactly right! Sometimes it takes more than just a gun to handle a situation, like brains! Look's like you have the brains and now put that with a nice carry gun just in case the quick wit doesn't work next time along with some good training and all is good.

I have no doubt that your buddy was thinking real hard at what you just said, it confused him and he decided he didn't want any part of it.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links