Life's most embarrassing moments

This is a discussion on Life's most embarrassing moments within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While I was waiting for my tucker IWB and Beltman belt to be made I was using a cheap Uncle Mikes holster with a thin ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48

Thread: Life's most embarrassing moments

  1. #31
    Member Array myusername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    445
    While I was waiting for my tucker IWB and Beltman belt to be made I was using a cheap Uncle Mikes holster with a thin belt. I was at one of our local parks and the weight of the gun made it flip the whole belt over towards the front. My cover shirt was blowing back in the wind and the butt of my gun was kind of waving around bouncing off of my stomach, as a car load of teenage kids drove by staring at me.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,407
    Nothing public yet, but two potentially embarrassing/deadly incidents.

    Within the first two weeks of my new Crossbreed super tuck IWB holster, the magazine release got depressed during the day, and upon removing the holster when I got home to change into my house pants, sliiip...clunk goes the magazine on the floor.

    First time I thought fluke, second time...Hmmmm design flaw. Time to flatten out the leather around the slide release and make a flat channel in the path of draw.
    Sticks

    Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA
    Posts
    5,127
    Stood up at the end of a movie and had a Charter 38 tumble out of a coat pocket, skid under the seat in front of me. Tried to tell the guy up there I'd get "it" but he picked it up, hesitated, and palmed it back to me no questions asked. He did however make a quick exit with his woman.

    Another time was shadowing a suspect in a mall that fit the description of an armed robbery suspect. He took off at a run with me in foot pursuit. Suddenly I hear, "Rip...rrriiiipppp...RRRRIIIIPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!" and watch my ankle holster speed off ahead of me. Velcro ain't perfect.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  5. #34
    JD
    JD is online now
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,208
    Also, don't go to Men's Warehouse to try on suits with a 1911 in an OWB, printing? It went WAY beyond priniting.

    The salesman instantly assumed PD, but did not ask, and simply stated that they have a tailor that does wonderful work for aiding in the concealment of shoulder holsters.

    AND

    Next time you have to get your measurements taken for that stinkin' tux you'll need at that upcoming wedding, find a way to remove your gun before they measure you're waist. I ended up just telling the guy that I knew my waist measurement and that he didn't have to bother.

  6. #35
    Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    1,443
    Had my 642 in the pocket of my dress pants with no pocket holster. Decided it was a good idea to go and try out beds. Tried one or two and on the third I got up and the 642 slid from my pocket and hit the floor.

    I the salesman looked at the floor the same time I did. Both of our eyes were bulging. I just said "well that's not supposed to happen" and scooped it up. I tried a few more beds and then got out of there.

    Ordered a PH from Mika the next day.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

    -- Theodore Roosevelt --

  7. #36
    Senior Member Array tex45acp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    698
    I think we all have a friend we wish we didn't. Mine was one of those that when he came up to greet you, would crouch down and throw a few feining punches at your torso area. I turned sideways just enough for him to strike the back of the grip frame, of my cross draw holstered 1911 with his knuckles. He drew back and stated " Man you must have been really working out to have abs of steel like that", while rubbing his knuckles. I just laughed at him and walked away. To this very day he won't do that kind of playing anymore when greeting me.

    tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

  8. #37
    Senior Member Array cwblanco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Amarillo, Texas
    Posts
    835
    These stories are hilarious. It makes me think that but for the grace of God go I. Someone ought to write a book or a major article about "what not to do."

  9. #38
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,229
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Also, don't go to Men's Warehouse to try on suits with a 1911 in an OWB, printing? It went WAY beyond priniting.

    The salesman instantly assumed PD, but did not ask, and simply stated that they have a tailor that does wonderful work for aiding in the concealment of shoulder holsters.

    AND

    Next time you have to get your measurements taken for that stinkin' tux you'll need at that upcoming wedding, find a way to remove your gun before they measure you're waist. I ended up just telling the guy that I knew my waist measurement and that he didn't have to bother.
    Lol - been there done that. I did that at the one in reston up here in NoVA, but I switched to shoulder holster ahead of time on purpose. Now I have a suit I can wear with it .
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

  10. #39
    Senior Member Array tankdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdoctor View Post
    Upon further notice...and although most include a cheap holster, IMO it has to do with being a NEWBIE....and making a newbie mistake, like trying to carry in a cheap holster, or doing things your equipment is not designed to do...like playing beach volleyball...LOL
    Most that have been carrying for quite a while has learned the importance of a good holster and belt.
    Well here is a OLDIE error.

    I have carried for so many years; it is just second nature to have it on me. Memphis has different cultural events at the Pyramid. They have had "Through Russian Eyes" WW2 Russian view, Titanic, and the last one was Da Vinci. So we park where there is free parking and ride the trolley to the Pyramid. Get our tickets and get in line. Then I see security is running everybody through a metal detector....I go get a manger and tell her I am armed. She calmly tells me to talk to security about it. They call Memphis Police who are in the security room down stairs, they come up calmly, look at my permit, and take my down stairs, I take it out, unload it they tag it, and I pick it up when I leave.

    They all did a lot better than I figured they would, no being thrown to floor or anything. But still embarrassing to almost get caught with the metal detector, and my wife was real thrilled either, making her and friends with us wait while I handle all this…..
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

    NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

  11. #40
    me
    me is offline
    Senior Member Array me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shanandoah Valley VA
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    the magazine release got depressed during the day, and upon removing the holster when I got home to change into my house pants, sliiip...clunk goes the magazine on the floor.
    I was in the bathroom at Barnes and Nobel, Did my business in a stall pulled my pants back up and CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK there lays a full mag on the ground. my mouth drops open I grab it and go to put it in my mag pouch. OH CRAP it was from the Gun. Secure it back in and get the heck out of dodge. No idea if the guy next to me noticed but I don't know how he could have missed it.
    Mark

    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

    -James Earl Jones

  12. #41
    VIP Member Array friesepferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    east TN
    Posts
    2,341
    .. yikes. all these stories are starting to make me nervous.
    i havnt even gotten close to being 'made' , yet.
    although last week i was having dinner with 3 people, two of which new me well enough to know that i always am carrying. one of them made some smart comment to me, and the third person (who didnt know i carried) said 'you better watch out, she has a fork and knife in her hands!'. we all starting laughing hard enough that i almost fell out of my chair. not actually getting the joke, she thought that she was pretty funny.

  13. #42
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,711
    OK, this wasn't me (I swear, I own up to my stupidity), but it was pretty funny (after the fact). It isn't sepcifically CCW related, but it's close - bear with me.

    Two teams of four agents serving a warrant on a nice townhouse in northern Virginia. Lead man has a balistic shield, and his Sig held out in front one handed in the usual manner. We make entry, clear the living room and head into the dining area - which is basically a continuation of the living room. It's hardwood floors everywhere, very nice, and things are progressing well.

    Come to find out that there's a slight step up from the living to dining area, and the lead guy didn't see it. He gets his foot caught pretty solidly on the step, and procedes to do a full on face plant (well, shield plant) onto the hardwood. Ouch! But that's just the beginning.

    His gun hand and gun got sandwiched between the shield and the floor. To his credit, he didn't scream like a four year old (which would have been my reaction, no doubt), but took the pain like a trooper. The rest of the team continued to clear, since we had no other choice... Once the area was secure (and the second team passed us - just a few seconds) we went back to check on him. He was just extricating himself from the shield and standing up gun hand dripping a nice little stream of blood. As he right himself - and his gun - the final insult. The mag slides out and crashes to the floor...the mag release had been depressed while the gun was under the shield.

    So, here he is with a bloody hand, a one-shot Sig, and a bunch of cops standing around trying (and mostly succeeding) not to laugh their heads off...

    Not really the guys fault, as it could happen to anyone, but he was mortified. Thankfully, there was no permanent damage to him or the gun (the floor was another matter), and the BG left in cuffs.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  14. #43
    Member Array doctor_ocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    OK, this wasn't me (I swear, I own up to my stupidity), but it was pretty funny (after the fact). It isn't sepcifically CCW related, but it's close - bear with me.

    Two teams of four agents serving a warrant on a nice townhouse in northern Virginia. Lead man has a balistic shield, and his Sig held out in front one handed in the usual manner. We make entry, clear the living room and head into the dining area - which is basically a continuation of the living room. It's hardwood floors everywhere, very nice, and things are progressing well.

    Come to find out that there's a slight step up from the living to dining area, and the lead guy didn't see it. He gets his foot caught pretty solidly on the step, and procedes to do a full on face plant (well, shield plant) onto the hardwood. Ouch! But that's just the beginning.

    His gun hand and gun got sandwiched between the shield and the floor. To his credit, he didn't scream like a four year old (which would have been my reaction, no doubt), but took the pain like a trooper. The rest of the team continued to clear, since we had no other choice... Once the area was secure (and the second team passed us - just a few seconds) we went back to check on him. He was just extricating himself from the shield and standing up gun hand dripping a nice little stream of blood. As he right himself - and his gun - the final insult. The mag slides out and crashes to the floor...the mag release had been depressed while the gun was under the shield.

    So, here he is with a bloody hand, a one-shot Sig, and a bunch of cops standing around trying (and mostly succeeding) not to laugh their heads off...

    Not really the guys fault, as it could happen to anyone, but he was mortified. Thankfully, there was no permanent damage to him or the gun (the floor was another matter), and the BG left in cuffs.

    If I was an LEO, that's the kind of thing I would do. I'm a state licensed Plain Clothes Investigator and a couple of months ago we were doing surveillance on an insurance case. The house across the street from the subject's home was for sale, so the owner of the agency called them up and asked if we could rent it out for a couple of weeks for surveillance. We didn't tell him who the subject was, but he really didn't care since it was his fathers house who had just recently passed away and didn't know any of the neighbors. ANYWAY, the owner of the agency I work for is a former marine and so we loaded up one of those giant infantry back packs (they've got a name...can't remember what it is though) with everything we were going to need - cameras, tripods, bed rolls, blah blah blah.

    The boss decided that we'd load the gear into the house the night before surveillance began at like midnight. Being the young guy, I get assigned with getting this huge heavy pack. We're obviously trying to be quiet but upon entering the house I skipped a stepped and came crashing through the door which flew open and slammed against the wall. I hit the hardwood floor and two tripods came loose and skid across the floor and hit the wall. Also in the process, I kicked the the old squeeky screen door (that we had managed get quietly open) which came slamming shut. I was laying on the floor thinking "and this is how I get fired." but luckily when I rolled to my side my boss was standing over me holding his mouth trying to laugh as quietly as possible. He helped me up and appearantly we didnt' wake up the neighborhood, but I'm sure it must have looked hilarious.

    EDIT: Sorry, not a CCW related story, but the previous post just reminded me of that.

  15. #44
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,711
    Nice! And the word you're thinking of is Ruck Sack, in the Army... I think it's called "fanny pack" in the USAF, but I might be mistaken...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  16. #45
    Member Array doctor_ocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Nice! And the word you're thinking of is Ruck Sack, in the Army... I think it's called "fanny pack" in the USAF, but I might be mistaken...
    LOL fanny pack. I thought my boss called it like an Alice Pack or something like that...maybe I'm mistaken.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Somewhat embarrassing stop by LEO
    By Armybrat in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: August 18th, 2010, 06:46 AM
  2. Post your tense moments
    By Dane941 in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM
  3. Ever have one of those moments?
    By Pro2A in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
  4. Lucky moments
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
  5. A few heated moments
    By Betty in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 20th, 2006, 02:46 AM

Search tags for this page

beach volleyball embarrassing moments
,
common embarassing moments
,

common embarrassing moments

,
common embarrassing situations
,
embarrassing beach moments
,
embarrassing beach moments pic
,

embarrassing diaper moments

,

embarrassing diaper stories

,
embarrassing volleyball photos
,
embarrassing volleyball pictures
,
life's embarrassing moments
,
volleyball embarrassing moments
Click on a term to search for related topics.