Slippery floor or sidewalk

This is a discussion on Slippery floor or sidewalk within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was walkin frm my car to my house and slipped a little but luckly I cought myself and didn't take a spill. Has anyone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slippery floor or sidewalk

Slippery floor or sidewalk

I was walkin frm my car to my house and slipped a little but luckly I cought myself and didn't take a spill.

Has anyone slipped and fell on their weapon?

Did it leave a mark?

Did it hurt you pretty bad?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    I was walkin frm my car to my house and slipped a little but luckly I cought myself and didn't take a spill.

Has anyone slipped and fell on their weapon?

Did it leave a mark?

Did it hurt you pretty bad?
    I took a nose dive into a ravine with mine. I landed on my carry side and slid the rest of the way down the hill on it. The 1911 ended up with a slight scrape on the butt of the grip and I ended up with a nice bruise/welt from the beaver-tail digging into the rear of my ribcage.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Since I decided to carry, I gave up ice skating
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; December 18th, 2007 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Deleted bold font

That is the numero uno reason that I am adamantly against SOB carry.
    I have seen men fall on tools, that would replicate a CCW at SOB, and they were hurt badly enough to take leave from work.

Lead Moderator
    I once slipped on ice while winter camping and landed on my rifle/scope. surprisingly , it did not break the scope.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Fell the other night...

I was out the other night looking at condos with my cousin and a real estate agent. My cousin does not know I carry. We had a bad ice storm, then snow on top of that, here in cental Iowa a week ago and there are still icy patches. The condos we were looking at had not bothered to do any cleanup of snow or ice!!! It was dark, no lights were on at the condo, I was using my Surefire to light the way for the ladies... and somehow I slipped on the ice and went down on my right side. I carry my weapon on my left side so it was saved from any damage, but it was 10 degrees out so I had enough layers on it would have been padded. No serious damage done to me either. My weapon was not exposed in my fall either.

Administrator
    Yeah, I just did this week. It hurt pretty bad, but no real damage due to the gun. I do have a good size bruise shaped like a safariland drop holster back plate on my leg though. granted, I did a little more than fall, but it wasnt to bad.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Fell not long ago.
    Bruised my dignity.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

A little different twist on your question, but I had a horse kick me right on my ccw a few years ago I had a very distinctive bruise but no real damage to me. and no damage at all to my weapon. An interesting twist I had one kick me last week in the other side with no weapon to sheild me. My ribs broke lung punctured and I had 5 days in hospital, so moral of the story let the steel, polymer or whatever take the hit its tougher than i am :(

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockednlocked View Post
    A little different twist on your question, but I had a horse kick me right on my ccw a few years ago I had a very distinctive bruise but no real damage to me. and no damage at all to my weapon. An interesting twist I had one kick me last week in the other side with no weapon to sheild me. My ribs broke lung punctured and I had 5 days in hospital, so moral of the story let the steel, polymer or whatever take the hit its tougher than i am :(
    I think that I would have drawn on him, and maybe shot ???

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

And here we all thought that the BG was our worst nightmare. Sounds like we should watch out for the horses as they do all the real damage. Wow! Feel better man.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

VIP Member
    I had a nice slip-up in the woods on some wet leaves downhill and landed on my backside. I bonked my head in the dirt, too. I "somewhat" landed on the gun, but it didn't hurt as much as my head did. No bruise. I'm glad I don't SOB carry, I have spinal fusion.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    anybody who has been in combat has fallen on their weapon.
    It's part of the job.
    I once went down hard enough to crack the receiver of an M-16. that left a mark. Beat getting shot though.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I fell off a ladder once while carrying a Ruger Redhawk in a shoulder holster. Landed on the Redhawk. Broke a rib. The Redhawk was fine. My big concern when I hit the ground was the ladder falling on me. I looked up and it was still standing against the tree. Why I fell off the ladder I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by glockednlocked View Post
    Obviously you need another rig so you can carry weak side as well. See Allenruger's avatar in post #11 above, and you'll get the idea!
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links