Arkansas folks lend an ear

This is a discussion on Arkansas folks lend an ear within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After the thread concerning state's CCW permit holder records being private or public. I decided to do some research as to whether 'public' means for ...

After the thread concerning state's CCW permit holder records being private or public. I decided to do some research as to whether 'public' means for LE purposes, or available to the public at large. This information is available to the public at large folks. I entered an FOI request yesterday, and received a list of over 6,000 permit holders, names and addresses for four counties. Simple as that! If any of us want to change this to private, we need to contact our members in the state legislation, and make a point of it this coming year. As soon as I figure out a way for us to pass around a petition, I'll do it. I think it would be a real good idea. Thank you.

With all due respect, I'd ask that any members who do not hold an Arkansas state CCW permit refrain from posting in this thread.

Lets start first by alerting our State Reps to this fact and see if they can't do something abt this. I talked on the phone to my state rep last week and he too has CHL and I bet he would sponsor a bill to lock this up...lets write letters first and see how that goes before we start petitions..

We'd still need to back him up on it, even if he starts a bill. Alot of permit holders in the state are likely not aware about their records being available. I'd start by calling them, but the list I got did not include phone numbers. I'm sure I could find those on the internet too I'd guess. Thanks DrLewall. I'll be working it from my end also.

My district senator got an e-mail this morning. Here's a link for anyone else-----------
    http://www.arkansas.gov/senate/senators.php

Nashville's newspaper, in all their wisdom, wrote an article about obtaining CCW permits in Tennessee this past summer. They also attached a link for the general public to look up all permit holders in the state of Tennessee via the internet. Yes, you read that right! The newspaper took the link down after approx. 12 hrs. due to a bombardment of phone calls and e-mails. So I and everyone else with a permit in the state of Tennessee were exposed to the general public for 12 hrs. There was absolutely no reason for the newspaper to provide this link to the state database except to give the public the who's-who list of permit holders.

Dang, I thought I was over this but I'm becoming pe'od again just typing this.

Just a warning of what could happen!
    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.--SHOOTER

Links