Castle Law

Castle Law

This is a discussion on Castle Law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heard on NPR this morning, while plowing and salting, that they are going to have a discussion about Castle Laws (home defense rights) on Talk ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Castle Law

Castle Law

Heard on NPR this morning, while plowing and salting, that they are going to have a discussion about Castle Laws (home defense rights) on Talk of the Nation Today. May be worth listening to, for those who's schedules allow...

Quote Originally Posted by mmwb View Post
    Heard on NPR this morning, while plowing and salting, that they are going to have a discussion about Castle Laws (home defense rights) on Talk of the Nation Today. May be worth listening to, for those who's schedules allow...
    Sorry, NPR could be running a program on how to grow money in your backyard and I don't think I could bring myself to listen....

FWIW though, FL passed a "castle doctrine" last year. If the BG comes into your house, the presumption is that he's there to do bodily harm to you and yours. You can punch his ticket then and there. Life is good......!

Their enviro freakish, strong left tendencies, get old--but they do put out information and I like to be informed on where everyone stands on things. That includes those who generally stand in opposition to me.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Sorry, NPR could be running a program on how to grow money in your backyard and I don't think I could bring myself to listen....

National Propaganda Radio - no thanks.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    [QUOTE=K4Kimber;566873]
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

+1...hahahahahahaaa ROFLMAO
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

jgp
    Geez... tough room.
    They played the Horn 911 call. That was the first time I'd heard it. Pretty damaging, I thought.

I'd barf up my my oatmeal listening to NPR.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

NPR has some of the best news and news programming available. Well worth listening to, with numerous points of view represented. This is especially so since they can do much more in-depth coverage, rather than 30-second sound bites with lots of commercials.

I appreciate hearing a variety of perspectives. It's worthwhile to be well-informed.

Here's a link to the Castle Doctrine program on "Talk of the Nation":
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=17460253
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I don't know where to find NPR

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    NPR has some of the best news and news programming available. Well worth listening to, with numerous points of view represented.
    Hmmm, I listen to NPR in the morning while I get ready for work, but I don't think I can quite go that far... I will grant, though, that they come across as somewhat more balanced than, say, CNN or PMSNBC, mostly because when they get somebody to argue the 'other side' (generally my side ), they at least get somebody articulate, and sometimes even ask fairly fair questions. When CNN tries to be 'fair', they usually get somebody whacko enough to make us all look bad, and then ask him if he stopped beating his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    I don't know where to find NPR
    Leave it that way.
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

VIP Member
    I listen to NPR at times myself. They do have alot of interesting talk on there and believe it or not they do have both sides of the story sometimes. I'm open to listening to anything.
    I caught the last 15 minutes or so of the defense talk today. The guy I heard mostly talked about how many accidents have happened or could happen because of the Castle Doctrine. Just because I dont agree with alot of what they say on NPR, doesn't mean I just wont listen to it while driving.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    NPR has some of the best news and news programming available. Well worth listening to, with numerous points of view represented. This is especially so since they can do much more in-depth coverage, rather than 30-second sound bites with lots of commercials.

Got to tell you, I spent over 10 years of my 20 in Europe (just retired). I became aquainted with NPR while stationed in Sicily.
    I got sick of listening to their continuous leftist, liberal ranting. It was the only venue on Armed Forces Radio I couldn't stand.
    I can't understand how they are still receiving government funds to push their *&#%@! ideas. I'd like to say I see it as balanced but I'd be lying.

National Propaganda Radio -

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

i have to just shake my head in amazement at some people. it seems that it's the norm for men(?) to with pride look for ways to not have to protect their families. i realize that most of these so-called high thinkers are priviledged, and don't live in high crime areas either.what is this drivel about property can always be replaced and is not worth killing over? the end results are financially ruined , law abiding people. wonder who will feed and clothe them? the nanny state?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links