I just scared the crap out of some poor kid!

This is a discussion on I just scared the crap out of some poor kid! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got back from the range, and when I got home I unloaded my car. I was juggling multiple gun cases. As I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got back from the range, and when I got home I unloaded my car. I was juggling multiple gun cases. As I was approaching the vestibule to my apartment I ran into a neighbor. Normally this would be no big deal, as most of my neighbors are very cool. But this one guy is the “gang banger” type who frequently has “undesirables” over his place. He obviously saw what I was carrying, and this made me nervous. I don’t like people knowing my business.

Suddenly I heard a loud bang on my door. I figured it was one of these but holes, so I answered the door with my sidearm in my hand (in hindsight it was a bad idea ). It turned out to be a paperboy wanting me to subscribe. When he saw the gun he about pooped his pants. I felt so bad that I subscribed to the paper!
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

I would not have subscribed to some liberal rag paper...just hand him a roll of TP, and wish him a Merry Christmas...now git..
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

While it is not against the law to do that just think if the paperboy told the police that you were waving it around! Next time I would be sure to keep it behind your back so people do not get the wrong idea, just my .02
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    I would not have subscribed to some liberal rag paper...just hand him a roll of TP, and wish him a Merry Christmas...now git..
    Actual the community I live in is pretty conservative, very gun friendly. And the local press reflects that!

Besides I really enjoy reading the paper over a cup of hot Joe on a Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    While it is not against the law to do that just think if the paperboy told the police that you were waving it around! Next time I would be sure to keep it behind your back so people do not get the wrong idea, just my .02
    I hindsight I wish that this is what I would have done.
    Join the NRA!
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is about keeping the government in check. This requires that the citizenry is well armed and at all times has immediate access to arms.

Do you think your chances of a home robbery just increased since this neighbor or his cronies might like to get their hands on your guns? How secure are your guns when you aren't home? No need to answer here--just something to think about. If I didn't feel secure leaving my guns at home, I might take them with me. It'd be a shame to lose them to some lowlife burglar.

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    Actual the community I live in is pretty conservative, very gun friendly. And the local press reflects that!

Besides I really enjoy reading the paper over a cup of hot Joe on a Saturday morning.

I hindsight I wish that this is what I would have done.
    Well, you should have still given him the TP so he does not have to run around with poopie pants.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Well, you should have still given him the TP so he does not have to run around with poopie pants.
    100% correct
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Do you think your chances of a home robbery just increased since this neighbor or his cronies might like to get their hands on your guns? How secure are your guns when you aren't home? No need to answer here--just something to think about. If I didn't feel secure leaving my guns at home, I might take them with me. It'd be a shame to lose them to some lowlife burglar.
    To explain my current living situation requires a lengthy story.

I will just say this: my guns are not secure as I would like them to be, secure enough to keep the kid from getting hurt, but a burglar get run off with them if he/she wanted.

And yes, these creeps DO make me nervous!
    Join the NRA!

VIP Member
    If I do answer my door ( that's IF ) , I make sure the gun is not in sight. But it's there.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Hey hindsight is always better...but given the circumstances...what IF it was your 'neighbors' and a few of his friends looking for some early xmas presents...
    I guess a peephole is in order...
    Merry Christmas and glad you are safe.
    and keeping up on local news isn't soooo bad.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Live and learn. Next time you'll do better. You've given me a little something to think about.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I have heard this before and sometimes when I am not wearing my sidearm I also answer the door with gun in hand (out of sight.) I always wonder what to do if your gun is in your hand, you open the door, and there stands an LEO wanting to ask a few questions. "Excuse me while I put my gun down" is what I would say. However, I would not be surprised if I found myself face down with a knee on my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I have heard this before and sometimes when I am not wearing my sidearm I also answer the door with gun in hand (out of sight.) I always wonder what to do if your gun is in your hand, you open the door, and there stands an LEO wanting to ask a few questions. "Excuse me while I put my gun down" is what I would say. However, I would not be surprised if I found myself face down with a knee on my neck.
    I had two LEO's at my house today. When I saw their cars out front, and them walking up, I decided it was best to disarm before answering the door. Soem one in the area shot a BB gun at a school bus yesterday. They wanted to know if I had seen any thing.
    Sailor
    USN
    PM Doric 342
    www.grandrogueencampment.com

"Heres to you and heres to me, and in case we ever disagree, the h___ with you, heres to me"

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    That is what I was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by AMH View Post
    To explain my current living situation requires a lengthy story.

I will just say this: my guns are not secure as I would like them to be, secure enough to keep the kid from getting hurt, but a burglar get run off with them if he/she wanted.

And yes, these creeps DO make me nervous!
    I'd have to look for new digs if I had gang bangers for neighbors and a fear of thieves every time I left home. Especially if I had a kid to worry about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links