Hopefully just a hypothetical question…

This is a discussion on Hopefully just a hypothetical question… within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No freaking out here. Like was said earlier, if it's not a problem, no sense in handling it unnecessarily. On heart attack calls, PD is ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hopefully just a hypothetical question…

No freaking out here. Like was said earlier, if it's not a problem, no sense in handling it unnecessarily. On heart attack calls, PD is usually on scene before us anyway, so they can secure it.

I will say our department has a much higher than average percentage of permit holders. A few are reserve PD, and we have one tactical medic.

As for the diabetes, you're on the right track. Keep up the work. My wife said the other night they had a pt go to the ICU in a diabetic coma. His BGL was 1000+. I've tested one that was loopy but still walking that was 650. Please please please don't let yours get that bad! I'm saddened every time I see patients lose limbs they didn't have to just because they didn't take care of themselves.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

2. Remove Ads

I was diagnosed with Type 2 nearly a year ago. I've gone from 2000mg of Metformin a day to only 500mg. A huge help for me is my wife and my daughter really got into it and help ensure I eat correctly. The biggest thing that's helped me is sticking to my new diet and dietary restrictions religiously. No cheating.

I was freaked for about 30 seconds when I found out, but I had a very good idea what the diagnosis would be beforehand, so I think I may have been a bit more mentally prepared. However, I knew my doctor and her staff would do all they could to help me, and my family does the same. If I do my part, no worries.

I got used to the diet and stuff really quick. Glad to hear you're doing well with it.

Very glad to hear you're doing so well!

Austin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links