Georgia; The Chipmunks; and Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Georgia; The Chipmunks; and Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 5 years ago I applied for and received my first Georgia weapons license. Since then my concealed carry has been limited since I spend a ...

Thread: Georgia; The Chipmunks; and Concealed Carry

5 years ago I applied for and received my first Georgia weapons license. Since then my concealed carry has been limited since I spend a lot of time traveling for work or am otherwise occupied with or by my kids.

Several weeks ago I wrote about the bureaucratic process I encountered here in Fulton County as I processed my license renewal. Well, six weeks later my renewed license (now in a handy-dandy credit-card-size) arrived well in advance of my renewal date - much better than I expected.

Today I decided to celebrate by incorporating concealed carry into my regular routine except for Church, which is illegal here in Georgia, at least for the time being. My activities included taking the kids to see "The Chipmunks" movie (two Thumbs Up BTW); stopping by the Honey Baked Ham shop to pick up our Christmas ham; and swinging by the grocery store for a few last-minute items my wife requested.

My IWB holster from High Noon performed comfortably with my G26 - although I was reminded that I still need to lose a few lbs! I was a little self conscious about printing especially with the kids close at hand, but there were no problems there and we returned home without incident.

Thanks to everyone here at DC. Your great posts and thoughtful emails educated me and re-invigorated my interest in carrying other than in the glove box.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year.

John

You survived reentry! Congratulations, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Nice feeling, protecting your loved ones.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Sounds like you have several reasons to carry. Good job!

Congratulations on deciding to carry more. I can not stand carrying all the time, it's just plain uncomfortable. But I decided a long time ago that it is my responsibility to my family to carry all the time, regardless if I like it or not. Which to me also means staying up on all the laws in my state, and talking about scenarios with my wife, and what to do if somethig happens, etc...

It's kinda like your seat belt, it's uncomfortable too, but if you happen to need it...
    "Nice grips, weird choice of etching" Rocky

Kind of funny... I too am here in GA and took my 5 year old on Friday for pizza and to see the "munks".... all with my HK nicely concealed on my side.

MMmmm....Honey Baked Ham. I got one too!
    Camden County is a little speedier with GFL processing but six weeks isn't bad
    considering the time some of the other counties take (I've only heard).

Congrats!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

was/is the theater you went to posted as a "Gun Free Zone"? ours here are..I guess if a BG doesn't like a movie, he can shoot up the place and we can't shoot back because it's a GFZ, we law biding citizens surely do not want to break any rules or laws now!

I have been CCing for 11 years. My family knows if I am dressed there is a gun on me, they don't even ask anymore and I have never been made by anyone. There was a definite learning curve and finding the proper equipment that worked for me, but once you find what works it will be second nature and you you will feel naked without it. Even my pastor (a very close friend) says he feels better knowing that I and a few other members are carrying in church, it's legal here. I hope to God I never have to draw my sidearm again, but it is a good feeling to know that I can at least have a chance in defending myself and the ones that I care about.
    God Bless and don't forget the REASON for the Season!!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K4Kimber View Post
    My IWB holster from High Noon performed comfortably with my G26 - although I was reminded that I still need to lose a few lbs!
    Don't we all!! I like my Galco USA holster for IWB carry, one of the most comfortable holsters I've worn. My gun seems to set lower in it than most other holsters and doesn't pinch my spare tire .

In GA too...

I will be checkin' out the 'munks this afternoon with my family and my XD by my side.

In Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    was/is the theater you went to posted as a "Gun Free Zone"? ours here are..I guess if a BG doesn't like a movie, he can shoot up the place and we can't shoot back because it's a GFZ, we law biding citizens surely do not want to break any rules or laws now!
    Our local Cinemark has a 'gunbuster' sign in the ticket window, but they failed to read the MS Code about it... from Sec 45-9-101 (13)
    ..."In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in any place in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10) feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited.""
    At least the legislator writing this got it right. If its not posted with the exact verbage...all they can do is make me leave. And only if they were to find out, which I never plan on that happening.

Welcome back to the CC fold.

Good job and good choice in carry gear.

Protecting the lives of the ones you love is a good feeling isn't it?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sponsored Links