Why I Carry?

Why I Carry?

This is a discussion on Why I Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So today I'm flying from school (Jamestown, ND) to home (Caldwell, ID) for the holidays; and I was discussing with my mom (Not anti-gun; but ...

Thread: Why I Carry?

Why I Carry?

So today I'm flying from school (Jamestown, ND) to home (Caldwell, ID) for the holidays; and I was discussing with my mom (Not anti-gun; but certainly not pro) about declaring a firearm and such and she asked why I needed to carry at home and such; I kindly reminded her that we live in a city with one of the highest crime rates and that people get shot in the Wal-Mart http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?s=6818636

It just made me think about the one guys signature line that says something about having the make the Wal Mart trip your first time carrying, and to make sure your carrying at Wal Mart
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Dany...hope you get the chance to show your mom the importance of CC, and bring her to the good guys side...have a happy, safe and relaxing holidays at home
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Congratulations, Dany, on realizing the importance of carrying already.

Why do I carry "at home"? Seems that's where most home invasions occur.

Best wishes on winning your mom over.

I usually carry in the house. In fact in California you don't need a CCW to conceal in your home.

Home carry has been the norm here for several years.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

VIP Member
    When you start carrying you might think, okay, I have my permit, a good holster and a good gun. I carry 2 spare magazines and even a BUG! I have taken tactical handgun training and have CorBon DPX loaded in my guns. I carry a 5" razor sharp folding knife and a SureFire flashlight that'll evaporate a bad guys eyeballs right in their sockets... I'm set!

Then you discover that carrying and shooting is a life long learning process with all sorts of unexpected surprises. Tactics and techniques, reasons for doing this or that a different way than you first thought.

The list goes on and on but one thing for sure... you're always in the process of becoming better in this craft we've chosen, learning and sharing what you've learned. Sharing experiences and stories to help sharpen your fellow CCW'er and help to make them better prepared and more safe.

You're on your way bro... it's an exciting thing to take responsibility for your own security and safety. Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I carry because the Supreme Court has ruled numerous times that the police are not required to protect me and that leaves the protection of me, my family, and our property up to me.
    We are in charge of our own destinys and we can only be subject to someone elses' whims, meannesses, pleasures and felonious acts if we are not able to defend ourselves. So goes our freedoms and liberties also!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Links