Glad I had my E2D....and my SIG

This is a discussion on Glad I had my E2D....and my SIG within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night (about 6pm) my wife and I came home from dropping off cookies at our neighbor's houses to some guy parked in front of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last night (about 6pm) my wife and I came home from dropping off cookies at our neighbor's houses to some guy parked in front of our house--well, by parked I mean he got his front end stuck in the drainage culvert (we live in a rural area, but on a well-traveled state route).

As I was walking up to him, asking him if he is o.k, he immediately starts into saying he was just turning around, he was not drunk, he wasn't drinking the 40 ounce sitting in the front seat, and asks am I a cop (all at once) .

He then says he's making a delivery and wants to show me the receipt (because that is supposed to prove something to me?)...I had my E2D and shined the light in his face and told him to stay right there--that backed him up and kept him off balance. He asked again if I was a cop--I told him no, but they were on their way (my wife already had her cell phone out and dialing). He starts getting upset...how his boss is going to be pissed, how he can't lose his license again (!!). At this point I tell him he should wait in his car.

As he started walking back to his car, he turned around and decided he wanted to discuss with me the fact the cops were on their way--walking very deliberately. I hit him again with the beam from the E2D...and told him to wait in his car...and he should not come any farther. I had my hand on my SIG, as this guy was taller and bigger than I and I didn't wish to get up close and personal with a (suspected) drunk (college was too many years ago). My wife was watching this and had just hung up the phone. I couldn't believe this was happening on Christmas Eve!!.....

He went back to his car and tried rocking the car out--meanwhile we're waiting for the sheriff. About 3 mins later, the guy gets his car out of the ditch and he's gone. We got his license plate number (a NJ plate) and called it in. Hopefully the sheriff got him before he got anyone else.

Since I was home, I didn't want this guy to know I was armed or know there were guns in the house (he might have guessed, I don't know). If he decides to come back, he might find out the hard way.

The E2D did the job helping me keep some distance between me and him.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Good for you for trying to get a DUI off the highway. Too bad he drove off. Reminds me of an interesting event at my house.

We live on a busy four lane in town, speed limit is 40. One night about midnight we hear a big crash and find a guy has crossed all lanes of traffic and hit a utility pole in front of our house head on. The air bag has deployed and the car has enough damage that I'm sure the bag saved his live. Meanwhile the driver has exited the vehicle and seems close to losing consiousness. I ask him if he wants to come inside and sit down in a small foyer we have at the front door. He does. He seems close to shock and is still dazed and I'm now sure he's had way too much to drink.

After about 10 minutes the cops arrive but the driver doesn't want to see them. He actually walks back through our downstairs and is trying to hide in another foyer further back in the house. The cop is now inside the front door and I'm in the middle of the house saying, "Sir the police are here and need to see you." I had to repeat this several times. It was pitiful and funny at the same time. Mostly pitiful because he didn't want to face the officer. Finally he comes out of hiding and the cop gets him outside. I don't know what his charges were but it had to include failure to maintain control and possible DUI.

Sounds like someone had too much "Christmas Cheer".

Well handled Sir!
    Your instincts are good and your tactics, sound!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

the extra dui people wont be done till after new year,then it will slow back down to normal.you handled it well. was he staggering drunk? i guess it was too much no matter what if he got his vehicle stuck off the road.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Flashlights can be a life saver. A light in the eyes is blinding and also says " Stay back, I'm watching you". Hopefully they caught the guy.

When I took my CCW class they showed us some pretty neat tricks you could do with a small flashlight since then I always have my surefire in my pocket along with my handgun on my hip.

VIP Member
    Good job bro! Your wife deserves an "atta girl" for her quick thinking too!

I started carrying the E2E recently and it has not left my pocket since. I have several SureFires but for EDC and I think the E2E & E2D are the best EDC's made!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I bought a light at Walmart. It isn't stamped so I don't know the brand, but it is very bright and has a good switch setup. I don't have a permit to carry yet (21st birthday is today) but I still carry my light all the time IWB at 9:00 right behind my knife.

It has been a blessing in many many cases.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I bought a light at Walmart. It isn't stamped so I don't know the brand, but it is very bright and has a good switch setup. I don't have a permit to carry yet (21st birthday is today) but I still carry my light all the time IWB at 9:00 right behind my knife.

It has been a blessing in many many cases.
    Happy Birthday Agave!
    ...and Semper Fi!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Lights can work wonders at times. Just be prepared if things don't work out.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Glad you and your wife are safe! I only wish that he hadn't gone on his way to endanger more people. I carry my E2E everywhere I go!

Yet more proof that it is always a good idea to carry a good flashlight. I am never without mine.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I don't leave the house unless I have a Surefire !
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . .
    ----- Thomas Jefferson

NRA member

This reminds me that I REALLY need a flashlight!!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links