Defensive Carry banner

CCW in the Outer Banks

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  obxned 
#1 ·
Thinking about checking out the Carolinas. Is it OK to carry in the The Outer Banks, or is that some kind of park that is off limits?

#4 ·
Part of the Outer Banks (from south of Nags Head through much of Hatteras Island) is indeed part of the National Parks system (Cape Hatteras National Seashore) or is part of Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge.

If you are on the highway traveling through there, I doubt there would be a problem - we carry shotguns through there often, and duck hunting is permitted in the park. If you want to know the exact rules call the sheriff's office at (252) 475-5980. I think I'd better do it re: CCW, although if there was a problem with it on the highway, I think it would have been mentioned in the required CC course.

Elsewhere, you will have difficulty finding a 'no gun' sign. Of course, places prohibited by law are still off limits to carry.

While you are here, visit the Outer Banks Gun Club range. Visitors are charged $5/day, and anything short of flame throwers and artillery is ok!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.