I dont Get it...

I dont Get it...

This is a discussion on I dont Get it... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife works second shift she calls me and says that she is going to wally world with her co worker at 11:30. I say ...

Thread: I dont Get it...

I dont Get it...

My wife works second shift she calls me and says that she is going to wally world with her co worker at 11:30. I say go ahead and I am mad. Anyway fellas. Her phone dies and I am waiting outside for her after she calls and drops her friend off, for her to come into our units drive way. The time is 1200 midnight and sure I am cocked and locked. But in a gun fight who really wins. She says I am paranoid after I explain the real world to her as I have done so many times before. Further, with gangs like ms13 and terrorists this world is going fast. Guys was I wrong...
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Administrator

BlueLion

Well, hopefully your wife will look at how upset you were and take that as a "Proof Positive" indication of how much you care about her and are concerned for her personal safety.
    One thing that you can do is buy an emergency charging unit for her cell phone because there should never be a time when she is unable to make a phone call if she's coming home from working a second shift.
    You are 100% correct that the world is not always such a cozy place & especially at night.
    The trick is to "artfully" help her to understand that.
    I would also maybe buy a nice large Police Pepper Spray for her vehicle so that it will be available to her should she ever break down at night.
    I am guessing that she does not (or will not) carry?

Nope you are correct the world isnt a safe place espically at night

I would also now ask "What did you purchase at Wally World that was worth putting yourself in that state of risk?" See if that also makes a connection. My ex did that a couple of times. It took another woman being brutally beaten and raped in the back of a van to get her to agree with me. The lady had walked to her car and as she passed the back end of the van the doors opened and she was snatched inside. The van drove to the far corner of the lot and they proceeded unencumbered.

She was in total condition white. She recalled that there were only a handful of cars in the parking lot. When she parked she didn't park close or under a light. She was away from every car. When she returned the van had parked right next to her car but other closer spots were available. She had to dig for her keys to the car and had 2 bags of groceries on her arm.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    My wife works second shift she calls me and says that she is going to wally world with her co worker at 11:30. I say go ahead and I am mad. Anyway fellas. Her phone dies and I am waiting outside for her after she calls and drops her friend off, for her to come into our units drive way. The time is 1200 midnight and sure I am cocked and locked. But in a gun fight who really wins. She says I am paranoid after I explain the real world to her as I have done so many times before. Further, with gangs like ms13 and terrorists this world is going fast. Guys was I wrong...

Yes, you are a bit paranoid, but with so much bad stuff happening to so many good people these days, a little paranoia is probably a good thing. As far as worrying about MS13 or terrorists, they are probably the least of your concerns unless you live in a barrio or hi value target area. I'd be more concerned about your run of the mill burglars, crash & dash artists, robbers, rapists, drug addicts and the nut who shoots you because you cut him off in a parking lot. They are the ones that 99.5% of us will encounter if we find ourselves in a "situation".
    :outtahere
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Assistant Administrator
    I can understand your concerns, even if they might be seen as a tad excessive by some folk's assessment.

But then you are naturally anxious at that time of day and it does seem you somehow have to find a way of helping your wife realize - ''you can't make appointments for emergencies'' - something we should all be aware of.

She needs to see that the BG's biggest (perhaps) strong point is opportunism coupled with surprise. When folks are in white they could sometimes be seen as wearing an invisible ''victim'' t-shirt! Thus she needs to see the value of yellow - that is a good start, as well as trying to maybe do Wally World before 3pm and not after 11!!

Try a few ''what if'' questions - having her mentally place herself in a rather quiet, maybe poorly lit parking lot. She needs to know why you have concerns.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Maybe a ride along with a local LEO after her shift would work? She would get to see the sorts of people who are out and about at that time of the day.

Speaking of paranoid, sometimes people ask me why I would carry in my own home.

Here is a reason.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/latimests/20...slayingswidens

Joseph Edward Duncan III. Had a member of the family been carrying he may not have killed all but one and the children may have been spared the molestation. UNfortunately we'll never know.

Why people like this are ever let out of prison is beyond me.

-Scott-

Lead Moderator
    best to calm down first before explaining how bad conditions are at night. Also take her out a few nights and show her some potential trouble people areas. Some folks just don't get it , though. My ex never did.

I used to be just like your wife in that I'd do stuff like that without even thinking about it.

What got me to change my ways was CCW training.

I think of a gun as another form of personal health insurance. Like most insurance policies it's usually over priced, got more regulations and paperwork than I think it's sometimes worth and even with all the money I spend on it, I hope it will never be needed. Still, it's far better to have it and never use it than to need one and not have it. On the other hand, before we a dig ourselves too deep into our bunkers, we need to remember that while there are hundreds of people killed every day in the U.S. by BG's or nut cases (many not using guns, BTW), there are nearly 300,000,000 of us who aren't!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    best to calm down first before explaining how bad conditions are at night. Also take her out a few nights and show her some potential trouble people areas. Some folks just don't get it , though. My ex never did.

Guys I appreciate the responses sometimes just need to talk to some guys that think like I do about an issue. Rocky, good advice should have calmed down and relaxed. Talk about it later. The wife and I have talked and all is well. Thanks fellas..
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Sponsored Links