I hate going to New Jersistan

This is a discussion on I hate going to New Jersistan within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the first time in a very long time today, I traveled to New Jersistan without a loaded concealed handgun. I was going to a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate going to New Jersistan

For the first time in a very long time today, I traveled to New Jersistan without a loaded concealed handgun. I was going to a funeral service with my wife and decided at the last minute to shed the snub-nose and go with only my tactical knife. Man did I feel weird, (more than usual).

My question is, had my wife or I been attacked because I decided to abide by The Soviet Republic of New Jersey's dictatorial laws on self-disarmament, could I then sue the NJ State Police, NJ Congress, John "I don't have to slow down, I'm Governor." Corzine? Since I am usually armed in my "country" of Pennsylvania, trained and have the proper background check to carry a concealed handgun, but was not permitted to protect myself in NJ?

Just a thought.

VIP Member
    Nope. The police and state have no responsibility to protect you and I. If anything they will protect the BG first. after all it isn't his fault hes a BG, it's ours because we have what he wants and is too lazy to work for.

If they made New Jersey a nice place to live/visit, you wouldn't be as apt to pay $3 to leave...

Cheers,
    Herk

Nothing that the State of New Jersistan did required you to visit that fine state so if you felt unsafe you should not have visited. If you had been summoned to appear in the state for some reason you may have a case but since you went on your own free will they are not repsonsible for you. At least that is my humble opinion.

I told my son that when he moves to Princton, I will no longer be visiting him. I won't visit one in Chicago either.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Nothing that the State of New Jersistan did required you to visit that fine state so if you felt unsafe you should not have visited. If you had been summoned to appear in the state for some reason you may have a case but since you went on your own free will they are not repsonsible for you. At least that is my humble opinion.
    Now that would present an interesting scenerio. I think after D.C. New Jersistan should be the next battle ground.

It's your duty to the state to be raped and murdered.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

Damn, I must be hard core. I lived there for the last 16 years before moving to Jax, and only carried a tactical knife...

Even having ties to law enforcement doesn't help; civilians can't get permits to carry without a demonstrated need (i.e., security guard, etc.).

Glad to be living in a more rational state now.

NJ? I hate that place. Lived there for a while. Got tired of the CLIQUES that the towns seemed to have. If you dont belong, forget it. Got out and moved to the Free Republic of Virginia! Man I love this state. maybe we should get all the truckers to boycott the state, think of all the $$$ the state would loose!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Seen on a billboard at the Deleware Memorial Bridge (Northbound):

WELCOME TO NEW GERMANY

Disarm and hand over your money and ve vill let you live.....

Hev a nic day...........

I moved out of New Jersey when I was 23, first for Florida, no ust outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I went back to visit my mom back in October and I wonder why I ever liked that place. I carry when I go there... and have convinced my mother to move out. When I went and got my first gun here in PA, I thought I was going to have to come back in like a week or something... 10 minutes later I walked out with my Bersa and plenty of other goodies.

My opinion of carrying in DC or Jersey or NYC... I'd rather be judged by 12 of my peers than carried by 6 of my friends.
    Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Article 1, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

I can carry so I guess I don't view it as you guys do. If I wasn't locked into the pension I would be on my way out to Colorado or Wyoming.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    NJ? I hate that place. Lived there for a while. Got tired of the CLIQUES that the towns seemed to have. If you dont belong, forget it.
    I lived in NJ for 24 years. It wasn't until after I was out of the environment that I realized how nasty most people in Jersey really are. I've been living in North Florida for 10 years now, where people think NJ and NY are the same. I have to explain to them that New Yorkers are generally (...generally...) good people, they just don't pour their heart out like southerners do. But in Jersey, you could drop dead right in front of someone and they'd walk past you without batting an eyelash.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakewalk View Post
    I lived in NJ for 24 years. It wasn't until after I was out of the environment that I realized how nasty most people in Jersey really are. I've been living in North Florida for 10 years now, where people think NJ and NY are the same. I have to explain to them that New Yorkers are generally (...generally...) good people, they just don't pour their heart out like southerners do. But in Jersey, you could drop dead right in front of someone and they'd walk past you without batting an eyelash.
    Your wrong. We would bat an eyelash, and complain how rude you are to drop dead in our path.

All of us from NJ are not that bad...

Yes, not all are bad. The good ones got out!!
    Think twice
    Buy once!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links