ALERT: OBAMA Supports NATIONAL BAN on CONCEALED CARRY...

This is a discussion on ALERT: OBAMA Supports NATIONAL BAN on CONCEALED CARRY... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ALERT: OBAMA Supports NATIONAL BAN on CONCEALED CARRY... I just read this while reviewing the positions of candidates on gun rights. If Barak (Osama?) Obama ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT: OBAMA Supports NATIONAL BAN on CONCEALED CARRY...

I just read this while reviewing the positions of candidates on gun rights. If Barak (Osama?) Obama gets in the White House, we can probably count on losing our rights to carry concealed weapons! Not only is he tough on gun rights, he supports a law which would ban anyone but retired military & retired police from carrying concealed weapons.

As we all know all to well... those of us who are law abiding citizens would refrain from carrying our guns... all the while, the crooks among us will be armed and even more dangerous because we will be unarmed. That truly SUCKS!

Obama needs to LOSE his bid for the White House!

In other news, HUCKABEE is not only totally supportive of gun rights, both he and his wife EACH have concealed carry permits and carry guns themselves! These are people who truly understand what's really going on with regard to supporting our right to personal defense.
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Lets Just Pray He Doesn't Get Elected!!!
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

any democrat in the white house is troubling

VIP Member
    The bill wouldn't make it through Congress and there is little chance the courts would uphold it as Constitutional even if it did. (Violation of the second amendment and state's rights and couldn't possibly fall under the necessary and proper clause). There are a lot of things to worry about, there is no need to worry about things that aren't really a threat.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I don't think it's likely that he'll get elected and if he did, I'm not so sure he would be successful in banning concealed carry, but it was quite eye-opening when I read this:

Here's the link…

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.gun.html
    The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    In other news, HUCKABEE is not only totally supportive of gun rights, both he and his wife EACH have concealed carry permits and carry guns themselves! These are people who truly understand what's really going on with regard to supporting our right to personal defense.
    However, Huckabee's little hunting trip the other day did NOTHING to make us look good. First, he slammed Cheney's hunting accident. Second, at least one reporter felt as if he shot over them (running elsewhere on the forum). Third, he made some little quip about naming pheasants after his opponents.

Food for thought...

I agree that Huckabee didn't look good during his little hunting exhibition... especially the dumb joke about shooting the pheasants who "didn't vote vote him" and sparing those who did. Not presidential looking at all.

EchoFour,

I agree with what you're saying. Unfortunately, I don't think an EO would be beneath him.

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post

I just read this while reviewing the positions of candidates on gun rights. If Barak (Osama?) Obama gets in the White House, we can probably count on losing our rights to carry concealed weapons! Not only is he tough on gun rights, he supports a law which would ban anyone but retired military & retired police from carrying concealed weapons.
    I don't think that limiting CCW to retired military and police would pass constitutional muster. This position would go against the principles of the Consitituion and the Declaration of Independence. Limiting to the above specific groups reeks of government dictatorship and discrimination against many.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

sounds like Ron Paul is picking up speed also. He seems to be on our side as far as guns go? dont know about much else yet have to do some research i spose

Don't forget: Huckabee and his wife carry a gun only because they got mugged at gunpoint at a park in Arkansas. That is the only reason they support gun rights. Prior to this incident, they were adamantly opposed.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubs View Post
    Don't forget: Huckabee and his wife carry a gun only because they got mugged at gunpoint at a park in Arkansas. That is the only reason they support gun rights. Prior to this incident, they were adamantly opposed.
    A converted sheep is the best 2A advocate for others who are still sheep. Much more convincing than you or I could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitmaster View Post
    I don't think that limiting CCW to retired military and police would pass constitutional muster. This position would go against the principles of the Consitituion and the Declaration of Independence. Limiting to the above specific groups reeks of government dictatorship and discrimination against many.
    Obviously Obama does not know what the 2A is about--given he's representating IL, it is not surprising.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    EchoFour,

I agree with what you're saying. Unfortunately, I don't think an EO would be beneath him.
    An executive order may not be beneath him, but it would do him no good. Any amendment to the constitution needs to be ratified by a 2/3 majority of the states.

Personal responsibility for one's own defense... something I TOTALLY believe in. My Glock 30 at the ready... legally!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links