Today was a good day....

This is a discussion on Today was a good day.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this afternoon, I picked up my second pistol. After deliberating for a month or so, I decided on a new Glock 17...much less expensive ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today was a good day....

Today was a good day....

So this afternoon, I picked up my second pistol. After deliberating for a month or so, I decided on a new Glock 17...much less expensive to shoot at the range, and easier for my girlfriend to handle than my XD45, but still powerful enough to carry. I haven't fired it yet, but I have shot a few different Glock 9mm's and have an idea what to expect.
    Once I got back home with my new pistol, I checked the mail on my way in. To my suprise, my carry permit was waiting for me....about a week early, which is unusual here. So, I cleaned and loaded the new Glock, strapped on my DeSantis Model 80 holster and Galco Cop belt, and promptly headed over to the local Wal-Mart ;-)
    Now, the XD45 goes back to Springfield for that odd failure to feed issue.
    I'd post pics of the new Glock, but it's just like any other G17. That doesn't mean I like it any less, though.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new Glock. My second purchase of a handgun was also a G17.
    Its the best shooter out of my collection. I do not carry it much anymore ( unless I shoulder holster carry ) due to it being a 17+1 double stack weapon and heavy on my waist. But its a great weapon and when I go to the range, its the one my friends most want to try.

Yeah,I love my 17 too...I can not shoot it for like months,pick it up and it is still the one I shoot the best....100% reliable, easy to maintain,and fix(not that I ever need too,except for an after market sight,and cheap to feed.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

VIP Member
    First trip wouldn't have been to Wally World. It would have been to the gun range to shoot it. I won't carry any semi auto without shooting it first. You never know what kind of problems you might encounter, and when you need it to go "bang" is not the time to find out. Just my opinion.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the 17!

Distinguished Member
    Glock---always interesting, that is, a guns that just plain works. Hope they get your XD fixed.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

HKR
    Congrats on the new Glock, I own them and carry them everyday. I do agree with Archer, none of my weapons go anywhere near a holster (or the public) until I've fired them. Period, no exceptions. Enjoy the G17.

Congrats on the G17! Since your XD is currently not working properly, it's better to carry the G17 you've never fired than nothing at all.

Congrats...

on the new family member...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Check out the Bianchi Carry Loc if you want a great holster for the new tupperware~!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Congrats on the new Glock. Another member of the Glock family. Welcome aboard!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Grats on the G17. I have one also, probably the best shooter I have, and totally reliable.

SY

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    First trip wouldn't have been to Wally World. It would have been to the gun range to shoot it. I won't carry any semi auto without shooting it first. You never know what kind of problems you might encounter, and when you need it to go "bang" is not the time to find out. Just my opinion.

Absolutely, and for about 250 rounds of what I carry.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Congrats on the new purchase! I'm thinking about a G17 or G19 because it will be a little less expensive to shoot. I now carry a G23 and I love it, but I like to shoot a lot. The recoil is pretty sharp with the G23 too, after about three magazines I can feel it in my bones. If I do buy a 17 or 19 I'll keep the 23 because It's so much fun.
    The most and best is known to the man who quits his bed before sunrise... who spends his days on the mountains and forests...who bears the heat and cold and hunger and thirst, for the love of nature...to visit the utmost refuges of beast and bird .....Alfred Pease

While I seriously doubt that your G17 will have any problems, I'd echo the suggestion to test it before carrying.

Having said that, my G19 is amazingly reliable, and has fed everything I've tried in it. Nice choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links