Posted: Melbourne Square Mall

This is a discussion on Posted: Melbourne Square Mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, in one of way too many 'tactical insertions' into the local repository of inane gifts (the mall) the week or so before Christmas, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, in one of way too many 'tactical insertions' into the local repository of inane gifts (the mall) the week or so before Christmas, I noticed that the Melbourne Square Mall (FL) is posted NO weapons of any kind permitted on mall property.

It is a Simon mall, so I presume that ALL Simon malls would have the same signs. Anyone know?

The good news in FL: doesn't mean a thing unless they ask me to leave and I refuse.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Unfortunately the bottom line is always money.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The Rockingham Park Mall in Salem NH is a Simon mall and has signs on some doors that (amongst other things) say no weapons.

No weapons signs have no special legal standing in NH so they are welcome to ask me to leave and I will then do so.
    First rule of a gunfight: Carry a gun

Well it's a good thing they posted it now! We all know for a fact that the BG's would NEVER disobey any postings of no weapons!

I don't remember any postings on any malls in Colorado and I know the Aurora Mall is a Simon Mall. It also has an Aurora PD sub-station inside. Maybe they are afraid the Police would leave the sub-station and never return if they had to leave their wepons outside in the parking lot. (LoL) Here in Colorado we are like FL on the postings.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Unfortunately the bottom line is always money.
    I don't get what you're saying. How would having a "no gun" sign change anything about sheeple shopping habits? Do you really think the general shopping population really looks for those and won't shop there if it isn't posted? It's only those "in the know", like us, that carry who mostly notice those signs. And many of us don't shop at places that are posted. I'd think that NOT having "no guns/weapons" signs would improve their bottom line over all since a lot of the gun totin' public would shop there amongst the sheep, who will shop willy nilly regardless of no gun signs.

VIP Member
    Not sure if it a Simon's company policy or not. I know the Virginia Center Commons Mall in Richmond is Simon's and not posted, at least the entrance I use.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    The Crystal Mall (owned by Simon) in Waterford, CT is not posted.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Firewheel town center is a Simon mall and is not posted. I have not seen any mall in North Texas posted.

Distinguished Member
    I called the Omaha Westroads Mall after the "mall maggot" killed those 8 people, told them I was a CCW, and wanted to know if I was welcome there, and they said yes to my surprise. Did not see any signs when I finished my Christmas shopping.

I think that is also a Simmon Co. mall, not 100% sure, but I think it is.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I never saw a sign in the Melbourne Square Mall. Perhaps because I don't enter thru a main entrance. I usually enter thru Dick's Sporting Goods or JC Penny's.
    I guess I'll keep away from a main entrance.

Safe and sane shooting everyone,

johnstuf

Volusia

The Volusia Mall (City of Daytona Beach, FL) has a "code of conduct" posted at the entrance. In addition to the usual no shirt no shoes, etc, is a line like no posession or carrying or display of weapons except for on duty LEO in uniform. Presumably you off-duty LEOs and detectives must disarm as well as us civilians. I ignore the sign when I have to go there.

Oddly enough, the last line says that if you feel like your rights have been violated, please contact the management.

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    ....... Presumably you off-duty LEOs and detectives must disarm as well as us civilians. .......
    Are not all LEOs civilians unless active military?

Wow, it's been ages since I've been to that mall ... like since senior skip day in '03

Quick question: why do people boycott businesses that are anti-gun? It just seems kind of silly when you can just carry there anyway. I don't care what people think about my right to carry as long as I'm protected and shopping where I please.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberbp22 View Post
    I don't get what you're saying. How would having a "no gun" sign change anything about sheeple shopping habits? Do you really think the general shopping population really looks for those and won't shop there if it isn't posted? It's only those "in the know", like us, that carry who mostly notice those signs. And many of us don't shop at places that are posted. I'd think that NOT having "no guns/weapons" signs would improve their bottom line over all since a lot of the gun totin' public would shop there amongst the sheep, who will shop willy nilly regardless of no gun signs.
    I think the point is insurance liability. Many insurance companies refuse coverage if they allow CCW. That is why many places put up signs in obscure places that are not state legal. Then they look the other way when they know we carry in the store. In fact they are relieved to know we carry and they are safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links