The most unlikely of folks.

This is a discussion on The most unlikely of folks. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Spurred by another thread. It's funny, it seems that we find our gun friendly brothers and sisters in the most unlikely of places. I recently ...

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

Spurred by another thread.

It's funny, it seems that we find our gun friendly brothers and sisters in the most unlikely of places.

I recently ran happened upon a conversation about guns. The conversation was being held by two of the the last folks that I thought would be talking about guns. I jumped in and gave my .02. Will be keeping up with these folks.

I have another buddy whom I have known for awhile at work and we have recently begun to really talk guns. Had no idea he was interested in getting his CHL, but he let me know last week that he was getting his lifetime CHL. Pointed him to DC and he has joined up. Great guy with a new baby. Glad to see him getting his CHL.

We never know who our allies may be. It's important to always be good ambassadors to our cause.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I discuss firearms, shooting sports, and armed self-defense freely with anyone who shows an interest. However, I never initiate the first such discussion with someone.

You are right about the unpredictability. I pegged my niece for an anti, but she surprised me by advocating armed self defense in the home.

i only discuss firearms with family/friends who i know are hunters and/or
    ccwers. anybody else,nope. i just keep my mouth shut.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I discuss firearms, shooting sports, and armed self-defense freely with anyone who shows an interest. However, I never initiate the first such discussion with someone.

You are right about the unpredictability. I pegged my niece for an anti, but she surprised me by advocating armed self defense in the home.
    i go along w/same, i also don't mind telling my good friends that i carry. i don't really understand why some people think it should be kept a big secret from everyone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Assistant Administrator
    It's important to always be good ambassadors to our cause.
    That I consider essential.

True tho now and again someone somewhere brings up the subject and lo and behold we find someone we thought anti or on the fence, to be a staunch supported and even carrier.

I'll discuss with family, friends and of course bud's at shooting clubs. Beyond that I am not announcing anything but will certainly join in if like Big E I discover someone's genuine interest.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

This is what I do...I don't initiate the discussion...but I will continue it if started...have found a few more CCW friends with this approach.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; January 5th, 2008 at 07:16 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links