Risk it?

This is a discussion on Risk it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, new to this site. I'm new to CCW, had my license for a few weeks now. I'm doing some travelling and have decided ...

Thread: Risk it?

Risk it?

Hey everyone, new to this site. I'm new to CCW, had my license for a few weeks now. I'm doing some travelling and have decided to ride a train. I checked their website and it says that firearms are prohibited for both carry on AND checked baggage. I've ridden this particular route before, never been searched or anything like that, was thinking about risking it and keeping my pistol heavily concealed in a carry on piece of luggage without a magazine and the chamber and magazine well locked up. Obviously this is a policy no carry zone, I doubt anyone would ever find out and if they did I couldn't be punished criminally could I? I'll be out of town for a week and don't really like leaving my gun at home, especially since I don't have a gun safe. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Railslider View Post
    Hey everyone, new to this site. I'm new to CCW, had my license for a few weeks now. I'm doing some travelling and have decided to ride a train. I checked their website and it says that firearms are prohibited for both carry on AND checked baggage. I've ridden this particular route before, never been searched or anything like that, was thinking about risking it and keeping my pistol heavily concealed in a carry on piece of luggage without a magazine and the chamber and magazine well locked up. Obviously this is a policy no carry zone, I doubt anyone would ever find out and if they did I couldn't be punished criminally could I? I'll be out of town for a week and don't really like leaving my gun at home, especially since I don't have a gun safe. Thanks!
    Always obey the law in these cases. I do not think you will get any advice on this forum to break the law.

Leave the gun at home or choose another means of travel.

Regards,
    Jerry

Every violation of the law sets us back immeasurably. The media loves these scenarios!

You guys and gals are right, not really sure why I'd even try that, I'll be leaving it behind. To be completely honest, I don't think I could have gone through with taking it on board, I'm just not a law breaker by nature. I think it's a little bogus they don't offer to check it in a locked case like you can with airline travel. However, I read another thread talking about the same idea of carrying where policy prohibits, I don't believe state law here would prohibit me from on the train, it's a business and it is the business owner's choice to restrict carry. I suppose I figured the worst case scenario is that they'd ask me to leave, which I would without problem. I suppose I'll take the best route and avoid the situation all together, not worth creating a confrontation.

VIP Member
    Always obey the law!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I think this one is done at this point. The OP isn't going to take the firearm so the question is moot. Closing this one.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Links