Defensive Carry banner

Positive Article in Today's Detroit Free Press

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Supertac45 
#1 ·
It's about time!!! The Detroit Free Press columnists generally are alot more "liberal" than those of The Detroit News, but in today's shared weekend Sunday paper, maybe they're starting to see the light.

Go to www.freep.com then click on under More Stories to see an article titled "Michigan sees fewer gun deaths-with more permits"

#3 ·
Well, if it is, then it's one in a long, long line of tricks the past 12mos or so. I think the long-term effects of VA.tech and other heinous killings will combine with the general rise in violence to open a lot of eyes. It is good to see traditionally liberal rags starting to give some air time and column space to ratonal thinking.

#4 ·
Great article for a Detriot paper...although the ignorance of the MMM still prevails...
"Shikha Hamilton of Grosse Pointe, president of the Michigan chapter of the anti-gun group Million Moms March, said she believes overall gun violence (including suicide and accidental shootings) is up in Michigan since 2001. Many incidents involving CCW permit holders have not been widely reported, she said."

Certainly can't confuse Shikha (however you pronounce that?) with the facts:blink:...her mind was made up before she heard them...:yup:

Stay armed...stay safe!

#9 ·
Read this article in the paper.... When you have John Lott in one corner and Shikka Hamilton (?) in the other, who doesn't know, but "believes" the opposite of factual data, you have to wonder how these people get by. At least the OVERALL tone was positive.

Which guy was it? Dave or Chuck? Looks like I won't be listening to that show anymore......:hand1:

#11 ·
Maybe someday the papers will be able to write an article without the obligatory opposing viewpoint. Just state the facts. I'm proud to be a CPL holder in Michigan and personally believe that the state finally got something right.We still have a ways to go.Shitka Hamilton made up her statistics and still got quoted.

#12 ·
Good letter cupcake....probably didn't put a dent in anyone's bias, but the more we talk, someone will hopefully listen.

Maybe someday the papers will be able to write an article without the obligatory opposing viewpoint. Just state the facts.
Well said....very few articles propose a single viewpoint anymore. Its not PC. And the opposition in this case was just moronic.

#13 ·
Wow. Never let facts get in the way of your "beliefs" there, Shikha. I believe that the number of defensive gun uses are under-reported...in fact, I believe that 1 billion people per day are saved by their CCW. I should probably be the head of some group based on these beliefs, don't you think?

How do you defend your position when you are proven, incontrovertably, to be wrong? You can believe that the world is flat - but when it is PROVEN to be round, how incredibly stupid do you have to be to continue to believe that it isn't?

Yikes...

#14 ·
I think it's rather charming to have the opposition viewpoint highlighted in articles, so long as they always sounds that ridiculous! Intelligent individuals might wonder what the other side has to say otherwise, and if that is the best they can come up with....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.